EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT-Techniques, methodologies and disciplinary strategies
Keeping a classroom under control requires considerable skills in managing the multitude of tasks and situations that occur during the school day. Apart from the teacher’s preparation, certain procedures, methods and teaching techniques are required that promote a safe and efficient environment. Disciplinary methods and behavioural expectations are also important.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about effective classroom management, as well as practical guidelines and activities across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants.
During the course, participants will:
- be informed about the importance, role and benefits of effective classroom management
- examine skills and techniques that can be used to keep students organized, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during teaching
- understand and address students’ diversity during teaching
- learn ways to handle behavioural problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying
- discuss the integration of classroom management ideas and techniques across the areas of the curriculum in conjunction with the school policy, pupils’ age and abilities
- discuss good practices from participants’ schools
- examine examples of difficult classrooms with problematic situations and students with learning disabilities or particularities; and suggest ideas for improvement
- examine the use of technology for effective classroom management
- visit schools and discuss good practices with teachers
- visit sites, museums, monuments etc. and plan activities
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves, practices and policies that are applied at participants’ schools and countries, course programme overview.
THEORY • Migration, migration in Europe, refugee crisis, challenges faced by migrant children, migration and education, education policies supporting migrant children.
THEORY • Integrating migrant students, early school leaving, the sense of belonging, creating a secure and enriching environment for children, teaching the language of instruction and the home language.
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit to Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • The importance of understanding cultures in building relationships, ways of managing diversity in classroom, Intercultural education role and objectives, creating inclusive culture in schools, Intercultural education in Cyprus, school and classroom planning for intercultural education, integration of intercultural content across the areas of the curriculum, Examples of intercultural activities. GROUP WORK.
VISIT TO A SCHOOL • Visit to a school and discuss with administration and teachers . • Outdoor activities in museum, galleries and parks . • Data collection for group work, GROUP WORK.
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusion, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional) TOUR IN PAPHOS • Visit at Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 02.05.2020 > 07.05.2020 (ID: 89201, Confirmat))
- Înscrieri înainte de 25.04.2020
- 25.07.2020 > 30.07.2020 (ID: 89204)
- Înscrieri înainte de 20.07.2020
- 03.10.2020 > 08.10.2020 (ID: 89203, Confirmat))
- Înscrieri înainte de 28.09.2020
- 14.11.2020 > 19.11.2020 (ID: 104252)
- Înscrieri înainte de 09.11.2020
- 13.02.2021 > 18.02.2021 (ID: 104251)
- Înscrieri înainte de 08.02.2021
- 24.04.2021 > 29.04.2021 (ID: 104253)
- Înscrieri înainte de 19.04.2021
- 10.07.2021 > 15.07.2021 (ID: 133741)
- Înscrieri înainte de 05.07.2021
- 02.10.2021 > 07.10.2021 (ID: 133742)
- Înscrieri înainte de 27.09.2021
- 06.11.2021 > 11.11.2021 (ID: 133740)
- Înscrieri înainte de 01.11.2021
Evaluare şi comentarii
Pentru a putea comenta, trebuie să fiţi autentificat.
Nu există comentarii vizavi de acest curs.