ENGLISH & CULTURE: Methodology of Culture for Teachers of English - 10 training days
ENGLISH AND CULTURE aims to meet the needs of teachers of English as a Foreign Language by developing their language competence in English through an Irish cultural framework (particularly Anglo-Irish literature, Irish film, Creative Writing, Drama in Education, Irish Art, etc.). The programme takes advantage of its setting in one of the recognized and acclaimed Literary Cities of Europe and in Trinity College, a campus renowned for its history and scholarship.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
1. To improve participants’ communicative competence in English by using a variety of approaches including workshops, interviews to local people, projects and cultural visits.
2. To encourage participants to incorporate cultural resources in their classroom practice.
3. To promote links and partnerships within the European Dimension in education.
Key areas in the methodology will include literary workshops, inquiry-based project work, use of learning frames, sharing the practice of teaching and European networking. Communication will be promoted through cultural projects based on interviews with people in the community in order to increase your awareness of present day Irish culture while practising English. Sessions will afford time to discuss, share and disseminate teaching resources and experiences. The main expectation, however, will be the willingness of the participants to enter into the spirit of the programme and to enhance their language skills. Some activities are implemented in collaboration with relevant Irish institutions such as the Irish Film Institute, which preserves and promotes film culture in Ireland and the National Library. Excursions and visits to places of cultural interest will be part of the participants’ learning experience (e.g. the 6th century monastic settlement of Glendalough and Kilkenny City, the Medieval Capital of Ireland). Assessment will be carried out prior to the course by means of analysis of participants’ interests and reflective journaling during the programme will help participants to evaluate their learning experiences.
Fees: 700€ tuition + 130€ org.costs-field projects
- 05.07.2021 > 16.07.2021 (ID: 80602)
- Înscrieri înainte de 01.07.2021
- 19.07.2021 > 30.07.2021 (ID: 80601)
- Înscrieri înainte de 10.07.2021
- 04.07.2022 > 15.07.2022 (ID: 126791)
- Înscrieri înainte de 30.06.2022
- 18.07.2022 > 29.07.2022 (ID: 126790)
- Înscrieri înainte de 15.07.2022
Evaluare şi comentarii
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 1585.
Nu există comentarii vizavi de acest curs.