HOW TO PLAN AN ONLINE EDUCATION
HOW TO PLAN AN ONLINE TRAINING
Course Duration: 5 days
Course fee: 400 euro
The overall purpose of this training is to introduce online tools to facilitate online education and train teachers on how to design an effective and efficient online education course. Besides, the training focuses on essential competencies and skills to ensure effective and efficient online education course designs.
Today, the use of online distance education mode has reached its highest level. Nowadays, online education has become a mainstream education model rather than an alternative model. The Covid-19 pandemic process has also shown that online education is no longer an option, but a necessity. Online education facilitates anytime anywhere learning by benefiting from information and communication technologies (ICT), theoretical and practical knowledge that is peculiar to the field. Online education can be synchronous or asynchronous and involves a wide variety of multimedia components such as video, audio, visuals, animations, on-screen texts. On the other hand, what matters in online education is not providing these multimedia elements but designing them to provide meaningful learning experiences. In this regard, some other elements, such as creating a learning ecology, ensuring, and enabling interaction and communication, encouraging collaboration, and most importantly providing a social learning process, play a significant role in online education processes.
Online education introduces a set of opportunities. For instance, it can be self-paced and can be designed to meet individual learning needs through flexible learning processes. On the other hand, teachers and students need to have digital competencies and skills.
Today, there is no single tool or technology that meets all the students’ needs. In online education, there is a general understanding that utilizing a certain technology or group of tools could alleviate the distance between the learners, instructors, and educational institutions. Rather, a combination of technological tools can be used to get the best result for desired learning objectives. As technology evolves, teachers need to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in the online education process and accord themselves for delivering effective online courses.
All the participants will
- identify the key components of online education
- develop essential digital competencies and skills,
- use a variety of digital educational tools and applications to design online courses.
- identify what digital skills are needed in online education.
- identify, select, and evaluate information presented in different online media platforms effectively.
- create, apply, evaluate, and recreate knowledge by using various digital tools and applications.
- be able to learn to recognize educational and technological problems in online learning environments,
- learn how to design online course content,
- be able to use Web 2.0 tools,
Objectives of the course
- describing the key components of online education
- explaining the use of digital education tools and applications for online course design
- identifying essential digital skills needed in online education
- selecting information from a range of digital sources effectively
- Focusing on practical skills related to computer-based training (CBT)
- Providing immediate feedback
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 04.09.2023 > 08.09.2023