EE & PBL
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
Environmental Education & PBL is a training course for pre-school, primary, and secondary school teachers to provide environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable development education with Project-Based Learning. Through environmental education, students become lifelong stewards of their environment, responsible citizens, and understand the multifaceted relationship to the natural world. Integrating regular outdoor activity besides the indoor activity into a student’s learning and life experience is integral to achieving this vision. This education program can be considered as the first step of raising awareness and acting on the development of environmental literacy in students, environmental education in schools, and integration of project-based learning and environmental education to focus on sustainable environmental issues.
All the participants will
- Understand the importance of environmental education
- Create and develop a new identity integrating with PBL and EE into the education system,
- Build a participatory structure for your students to get environmental literacy,
- Develop their students' problem-solving, and discussion skills as well as creative skills
- Use of initiative, ability to make decisions,
- Develop consciousness about five learning strands and sustainable environment goals
- Inspire and empower students
- Create leaders for change in their communities
- Develop responsible attitudes and commitment
- Lead to increased levels of confidence and motivation in PBL and EE
- Increase their students' participation in environmental actions
Objectives of the course
- Understanding environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable environment education,
- Teaching the habits that they will use to their students throughout their lifetime,
- Getting information about world, environment, and the resources,
- Analyzing steps of PBL and EE to integrate them into the school curriculum
- Designing lesson plans integrating PBL and EE into the curriculum at school
- Preparing an action plan
- Focusing on practical and skills-based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Discussing best practices
- Working on hands-on activities
- Encouraging activities for students to create a new idea about environmental education
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 14.10.2024 > 18.10.2024