DESIGNING FUTURE CLASSROOM
DESIGNING FUTURE CLASSROOM
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
The changing and developing world conditions lead to transformations in educational environments as well as in many other fields. This transformation includes many elements from the technological infrastructure of schools to teachers' skills.
Teachers and teachers who are the stakeholders of the education system are also important actors in this transformation. Especially after the introduction of the concepts of digital indigenous and digital immigrants, the roles of learners and teachers (digital home or immigration) started to be explained with individual characteristics. To effectively guide learning processes, a teacher must first be well acquainted with the learner and plan teaching in accordance with his / her characteristics. This course is designed to guide the teachers of 21st-century teachers who can communicate with digital natives and know their properties and create creative environments for the 21st-century learners at schools.
All the participants will
- Define the characteristics of 21st-century learners,
- Recognize the 21st-century learners’ skills, needs, and interests
- Learn how to communicate with digital natives
- Create creative environments
- Define Educational Technology Standards for teachers
- Acquire the skills how to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and experience using global and digital resources
- Create a strong class culture and design model 21st century classes
- Get familiar with designing a future class
- Learn the roles of learners and teachers
- Clarify the characteristics of 21st-century learners and teachers
- Lead the teachers on how to be 21st-century teachers
- Guide the teachers on how to design their 21st-century classes
Objectives of the course
- Defining to design future classes
- Getting to know 21st-century learners
- Analyzing 21st-century learners’ skill
- Understanding effective oral and written communication
- Classifying access and analyzing information
- Designing and developing learning environments
- Gaining competence in the design and development of learning environments and assessment activities suitable for the digital age
- Creating a strong class culture
- Providing immediate feedback
- Focusing on practical and skill-based learning
- Making plans for academic achievement
- Providing higher participation
- Creating and maintaining high behavioral expectations
- Discussing the model classes
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teaching interactively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 16.09.2024 > 20.09.2024