BASIC ALGORITHM AND CODING
BASIC ALGORITHM & CODING
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
This course is a kind of teacher training course that aims to support school staff with a new and innovative approach to teach how we can create exceptional classrooms where the students work together in small groups, scribble angles and math formulas on the whiteboard, write a storyboard script for a video, cut out colorful construction paper figures, and create code on their iPad for a robot.
Schools must more rapidly adopt the implementation of STEM-based programs, especially those including programming and coding instruction, particularly as such skills will become more essential than ever before.
But what exactly is coding? Coding is what makes it possible for us to create computer software, apps, and websites. Our browser, our OS, the apps on our phone, Facebook, and this website – they’re all made with code.
Why do we have to add coding to our teaching process? Learning to code empowers us to do many things we wouldn’t otherwise be able to do. These things include hand-crafting our own websites, becoming a career coder, or even starting a technology business. Most importantly, we’ll be able to understand the technology shaping our world.
All the participants will
- Identify and analyze the problems they encounter in daily life.
- Identify appropriate steps for the solution of the given problem, bring solution proposals and solve them.
- Identify the operators required for problem-solving.
- Program platforms and applications
- Develop Algorithms
- Develop codes and apply with simple programming tools
Objectives of the course
- Modernization of your teaching style
- Developing a school policy plan on coding and robotics in an effective and innovative way
- Writing your learning objectives
- Planning how you will teach coding to the students
- Finding out the ways to encourage the students to code and create their own robots in the scope of blended learning
- Covering the different types of activities that a teacher can use to modify his/her teaching skills
- Understanding the importance of group dynamic and being creative and innovative
- Improving your own teaching methods in relation to technology
- Managing and integrating ICT in your lessons
- Developing your ICT skills and making use of various Web 2.0 Technology tools and programs. You will be given the opportunity to try out and have practice and get feedback on all the programs introduced to you.
- Adapting the new and innovative tools and methods to your teaching & learning situations & contexts
- Focusing on effective teaching strategies that encourage the active involvement of all students in a productive educational environment
- Tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school-based on technological applications in education
- Identifying basic algorithms and coding process
- Creating teachers’ team
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Designing projects that include the structures included in the course content
- Sharing the course materials and program content with the trainees via online platforms
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 21.11.2024 > 25.11.2024