Health and Emotional Education: Creating a positive and effective climate among learners (children, youths, adults)
Health and Emotional education is addressed to primary and secondary school teachers of any specialization, anyone who would like to enrich their repertoire/knowledge of teaching techniques and ideas concerning the development of daily healthy habits (exercise, eating healthy, connection to nature), the personal development (emotional balance, stress management skills, etc) and generally the development of life skills of their students. Participants will study how developing healthy lifestyle habits influence their life and how thoughts and feelings influence behavior. They become acquainted with activities that they can implement in their classes to create healthy habits and routines and activities on how to build strong relationships (among the students and between teacher and students).
Through interactive activities, participants will study the value of developing healthy lifestyle habits, positive thinking and reinforcement, self-esteem, active listening, giving feedback, problem solving, democracy in decision making and resolution of conflicts. The participants will be able to feel more confident with their ability to create a positive and effective climate in their classrooms and make every day an unforgettable journey. The course will be based on the principles of Health and Emotional Education and the latest pedagogical methods will be used, aiming at the qualitative improvement of teaching and learning processes, setting the school as a good model and example of cultivation and improvement of healthy living and emotional balance. The course will be based in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus. In order to conduct the practical modules, there will be study visits to Cape Gkreko which is located in the South-Eastern coast of the island (by the sea), to a bio-farm or at Troodos Mountain Range. This course is addressed to primary and secondary education teachers of all specialties. Through experiential activities and a variety of pedagogic techniques (e.g. lecture, field visits, workshops) teachers will become acquainted with activities that they can implement to promote health and emotional education inside and outside the classroom setting.
Indicative Training Program (Day by Day):
- Welcome addressed to the participants by management
- Course outline
- Ice-breaking activities
- Introduction to Health and Emotional Education
- Study visit at Cape Gkreko and activities in nature for the teachers to understand the personal and emotional value of giving the opportunity to children to connect with nature.
- Healthy lunch (picnic) and discussion on the nutritional value of the Mediterranean Diet
- My pathway to Healthy Living
- Workshop activities at Riverland biofarm:
Hiking and/or kayaking (if the weather allows it)
Use of herbs to make natural products (soap, lip balm or hand cream, tincture)
- Interactive activities that can be used in the classroom:
Face your fears
Storytelling and emotional education
- Final activities
- Evaluation of the course
- Diploma awarding
NOTE: Program may be subject to change!
- 25.01.2021 > 29.01.2021 (ID: 127660, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 15.01.2021
- 22.02.2021 > 26.02.2021 (ID: 127659, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 12.02.2021
- 15.03.2021 > 19.03.2021 (ID: 127658, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 05.03.2021
- 12.04.2021 > 16.04.2021 (ID: 127667, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 02.04.2021
- 24.05.2021 > 28.05.2021 (ID: 127666, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 14.05.2021
- 14.06.2021 > 18.06.2021 (ID: 127665, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 04.06.2021
- 26.07.2021 > 30.07.2021 (ID: 127664, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 16.07.2021
- 23.08.2021 > 27.08.2021 (ID: 127663, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 13.08.2021
- 25.10.2021 > 29.10.2021 (ID: 127662, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 15.10.2021
- 22.11.2021 > 26.11.2021 (ID: 127661, Bevestigd))
- Aanmelden voor 12.11.2021
Classificeren & beoordelen
Beoordelingen komen alleen van geverifieerde cursusdeelnemers via de Mobility Tool+ van de Europese Commissie. Als u aan deze cursus heeft deelgenomen, gebruik dan de Mobility Tool+ om een beoordeling in te dienen. Als de cursus nog niet in de Mobility Tool+ vermeld staat, kunt u uw projectcoördinator het volgende cursusnummer geven: 67214.
Deze cursus heeft nog geen classificatie.