Environmental Changes for Sustainable Schools - Tenerife
🚶♀️ Activities: A guided city tour and a full-day excursion..
📅 Starting date: Every third Monday of the month.
🏫 Also available in: Drogheda and Florence.
❓ Questions? Contact us.
How can we, as educators, respond to increasing environmental demands and to young people’s concerns about climate, in this age of eco-angst?
Permaculture is a set of tools and knowledge, focused on ecological and regenerative design and thinking; a system to respond to the needs of the planet and its rising human population.
The name for this design process was coined by Bill Mollison in the mid ‘70s in Australia, and can be applied to education as well as to any other area. It bases its philosophy on principles and ethics that admit that we may not be able to achieve zero impact on our immediate environment, but we can aim to improve it, providing fertility and abundance through considering and planning our actions.
By paying close attention to the importance of closing cycles, permaculture imitates nature, so any waste becomes nutrient for the system itself. This discipline is vital to the field of education, contributing values, methodology for solving practical school management problems and promoting creative-thinking which can be applied at very different scales and over different sectors of society.
This entertaining course offers an introduction to the Permaculture concept, sharing techniques and methodologies so you can develop a permaculture design project, which will allow you to make a small but significant improvement to your educational center.
Would you like to discover more?
Visit the course webpage and discover the learning outcomes of this course.
Check Other Courses on School Innovation
These courses are designed to provide school principals, managers, and enterprising teachers with the most effective tools for making their schools more flexible and dynamic in promoting innovative and inclusive approaches to teaching and learning.
Some courses deal with current trends in school organization ranging from project management, to team building, mentoring, and entrepreneurship capacities. Other courses help re-design more creative and inclusive school environments. Still other courses explore the excellence in the European Education System examining: e.g., the Finnish school system, the German dual system of education and work, or the Italian preschool education system.
Europass Teacher Academy
The Largest Offer of Teacher Training Courses in Europe
- 17.05.2021 > 22.05.2021 (ID: 138419, Bevestigd))
- 21.06.2021 > 26.06.2021 (ID: 138418)
- 19.07.2021 > 24.07.2021 (ID: 138417)
- 16.08.2021 > 21.08.2021 (ID: 138416, Bevestigd))
- 20.09.2021 > 25.09.2021 (ID: 138415)
- 18.10.2021 > 23.10.2021 (ID: 138414)
- 15.11.2021 > 20.11.2021 (ID: 138421)
- 20.12.2021 > 25.12.2021 (ID: 138420)
- 17.01.2022 > 22.01.2022 (ID: 166422)
- 21.02.2022 > 26.02.2022 (ID: 166421)
- 21.03.2022 > 26.03.2022 (ID: 166429)
- 25.04.2022 > 30.04.2022 (ID: 166428)
- 23.05.2022 > 28.05.2022 (ID: 166427)
- 20.06.2022 > 25.06.2022 (ID: 166426)
- 18.07.2022 > 23.07.2022 (ID: 166425)
- 15.08.2022 > 20.08.2022 (ID: 166424)
- 19.09.2022 > 24.09.2022 (ID: 166423)
- 17.10.2022 > 22.10.2022 (ID: 166432)
- 21.11.2022 > 26.11.2022 (ID: 166431)
- 19.12.2022 > 24.12.2022 (ID: 166430)
Classificeren & beoordelen
Beoordelingen komen alleen van geverifieerde cursusdeelnemers via de Mobility Tool+ van de Europese Commissie. Als u aan deze cursus heeft deelgenomen, gebruik dan de Mobility Tool+ om een beoordeling in te dienen. Als de cursus nog niet in de Mobility Tool+ vermeld staat, kunt u uw projectcoördinator het volgende cursusnummer geven: 114775.
Deze cursus heeft nog geen classificatie.