GAINING READING HABITS & LEARN TO LEARN
Encouraging Students to Gain Reading Habit and Learn to Learn
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
Reading habit is that the person carries out the reading activity continuously and regularly throughout life. Reading habits in developed countries have transformed into a lifestyle. A phenomenon often admired by students and officials visiting western countries, readers they see on public transport. When you go on a bus or flight, everyone has a book in hand, even evaluates between two stops. In the garden, on holiday, at the sea, in the dining hall, books are opened and read on a page. All the research carried out states that if the children gain early reading habits and the ability to think their creative intelligence and listening ability also develop. It is an important skill that people must earn to make them enjoy this activity.
The role of family and teachers is great in the acquisition of this habit if reading habits are thought to have been laid in the family and continued by the teachers in the education system. Firstly, teachers who are an example to students as good readers are constantly expressing that if basic literacy does become a reading habit, that reading is a part of the learning process and that it should last for life.
By focusing on reading the teachers will be refining and improving teaching and learning to optimize students’ potential, achievement, and success. This program was designed universally to fit in educators frame notwithstanding their background or teaching subject.,
This Course Has Three Critical Aims:
- To teach the teachers how to motivate their students to read, learn and create
- To get the teachers to increase their competencies in teaching skills
- To integrate the teachers into the lifelong learning process.
All the participants will
- Understand the importance of reading and reading habits.
- Know reading types.
- Know the factors that support reading.
- Know the factors that prevent reading and learning to learn
- Learn the strategies of reading habits.
- Apply methods and techniques of fostering reading habits.
- Selects and use the right material when developing the reading habits, and teaching how to get “learn to learn” skills
Objectives of the course
- Supporting learners in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills, and competencies) with a view to improving their reading habits and personal development.
- Having a guide to teach the students ‘’reading habits’’.
- Increasing the student motivation and making more effective classes foster gaining “Learn to Learn” skills.
- Responding to one’s professional and personal development with the line with Erasmus Plus Program Priority.
- Practical and skills-based -interactive learning,
- Immediate feedback,
- Working in groups
- Hands-on activities
- Inspiring discussions on best practices.
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 11.11.2024 > 15.11.2024