Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
Blended learning, also known as hybrid learning, is an approach to education that combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time, place, path, or pace. While students still attend "brick-and-mortar" schools with a teacher present, face-to-face classroom practices are combined with computer-mediated activities regarding content and delivery. Blended learning is also used in professional development and training settings.
Since blended learning is highly context-dependent, a universal conception of it is difficult. Some reports have claimed that a lack of consensus on a hard definition of blended learning has led to difficulties in research on its effectiveness. A well-cited 2013 study broadly defined blended learning as a mixture of online and in-person delivery where the online portion effectively replaces some of the face-to-face contact time rather than supplementing it.
Additionally, a 2015 meta-analysis that historically looked back at a comprehensive review of evidence-based research studies around blended learning, found commonalities in defining that blended learning was "considered a combination of traditional f2f [face to face] modes of instruction with online modes of learning, drawing on technology-mediated instruction, where all participants in the learning process are separated by distance some of the time." This report also found that all these evidence-based studies concluded that student achievement was higher in blended learning experiences when compared to either fully online or fully face-to-face learning experiences.
All the participants will
- Know what blended learning is and analyze it
- Understand its place in 21st-century education
- Learn components, dimensions, and models of Blended Learning
- Learn the elements of an online and face-to-face environment
- Know blending online and offline learning, Blending Study and Learning, and blending self-paced, vibrant, and collaborative learning
- Learn SCORM modeling
- Learn Blended Learning content
- Be able to evaluate Blended Learning
Objectives of the course
- Knowing what blended learning is and analyzing it
- Learning components, dimensions, and models of Blended Learning
- Learning the elements of an online and face-to-face environment
- Knowing the blended online and offline learning, Blending Study and Learning, and blending self-paced, vibrant, and collaborative learning
- Learning SCORM modeling
- Learning Blended Learning content
- Working cooperatively
- Designing lesson plans
- Developing the teachers’ professional skills
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 13.05.2024 > 17.05.2024