BENCHMARKING EDUCATION IN FINLAND
COURSE FEE: 5-day=400 EURO, 7-day=560 EURO
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to observe the Education System in Finland and try the understand the hallmarks of the success they gain. It is a well-known reality that Finnish education is of high quality. The goal is for everyone to have an equal opportunity to receive high-quality education and to grow up to become active citizens.
You can read a lot about the Finnish Schools, their success, and the important points in their Education System. Our main aim for that course is to enable our participants to learn about the Finnish education system, experience it during the school visits, class observations, and bring the best practices to their home countries.
All the participants will
- Have a vision of the school system and its quality elements in Finland (and Estonia – optional)
- Visit Finnish schools, have a chance to meet the teachers and the students, and observe their teaching and learning environments.
- Have information on the quality plan, inclusion, didactical approaches, special needs education, and ICT integration in the Finnish (and Estonian) school systems.
- Discus the hallmarks of the education system in Finland (and Estonia) with teacher and management staff.
Objectives of the course
- Understanding the main factors of the Finnish Education System’s Success
- Comparing the education system of your country with the Finnish Education System
- Building Learning Portfolios and focusing on the most important points
- Experiencing the real-life environment in Finnish School
- Observing classes and learning by living
- Questioning & Answering & Discussing
- Case Studies
- Interviewing specialists
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 12.06.2023 > 16.06.2023 (Apstiprināts)
- 04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
- 25.03.2024 > 29.03.2024
- 09.09.2024 > 13.09.2024
- 02.12.2024 > 06.12.2024
Vērtē un komentē
Tikai Eiropas Komisijas Mobilitātes Rīka+ apstiprinātie kursa dalībnieki atstāj atsauksmes. Ja tu piedalījies šajā kursā, lūdzu, izmantot Mobilitāres Rīku+, lai atstātu atsauksmes. Ja kurss vēl nav uzskaitīts Mobilitātes Rīkā+, tad vari iesniegt savam projekta koordinatoram šādu kursa ID: 238029.
The course "Benchmarking Education" was dedicated to learning about the Finnish school system and what made it remarkable worldwide. We did not have access to the course's schedule until 2 weeks before the start and the organization did not respond to our messages. This caused us to have to book the flights and hotels too late and without knowing exactly the dates we should get the flights. When we received the schedule, we saw it included only 20 hours of weekly activities, which did not meet the scheduled 35 hours per week that were advertised. When we started the course, they combined four different offered courses into one, which meant that we were all given the same knowledge, which is not what we applied for. As we complained to the organization, the groups were separated on the second day, but on that same day the organization realized that we did not have a space to teach the course, and they did not know where the next day's classes would take place. The schedule for the following days was provided finally at 21.00 of the previous day, so all arranged events needed to be changed without much time. On top of this, the classes were prepared by the lecturer in a way that was not interactive, presenting only slides while giving a speech and performing only one job-shadowing activity (out of the three that had been planned). Even though the lecturer tried to adapt the course after our complaints, her inexperience and lack of actualized knowledge on the topic she was teaching did not allow for a satisfactory course. Overall, the course quality was not good and did not meet the expectations held for a program financed by the European Union.
Tulkot (Tikai reģistrētiem lietotājiem)
Le cours "Benchmarking Education" était consacré à l'aprentissage des caractéristiques du système scolaire finois afin de discerner les meilleures pratiques dans le champ de l'éducation qui ont fait de la Finlande l'un des pays à l'avant-garde des indicateurs éducatifs de l'OECD. Le cours a été complètement en dessous des expectatives des assistants. La qualité de la formation était indigne d'un programme financé par l'UE. Le prestataire de la formation (Anatolia Education) n'a pas correctement organisé les séances, nous avons toujours manqué d'information et ils ne nous ont pas encore fait parvenir les factures ni les documents signés pour prouver notre participation et engagement. En conclusion, le cours a été une complète faillite, tant du point de vue du contenu comme de celui de l'organisation et des resources matériels et personnels consacrés à son développement. À mon avis, la compagnie prestataire de la formation, Anatolia Education, devrait être banni des organisateurs de cours financés par l'UE à l'avenir.
Tulkot (Tikai reģistrētiem lietotājiem)