LEARN IN MUSEUMS
LEARN IN MUSEUMS
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to support school staff with an autonomous experience enriched with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) based learning, Project-based Learning, and interdisciplinary learning in their personal and professional development and school environment in line with priorities of Erasmus Plus Program.
It is a reality that Museums are an important setting for informal learning; their invaluable collections and purposefully designed spaces mean learning can take place almost ‘accidentally’. Structured visits to museums are undeniably effective and impressive for the learners to keep the connection between society and culture, past and now, history and science. That is why Learning in Museums is one of the most important topics of the 21st century
As a course provider, with such a course we aim to add an innovative and creative perspective to our participants’ teaching styles. They will discover the historical and cultural values of the city where the course takes place, and also foresight how to artifacts to engage learners and how to create learning experiences for students visiting museums.
All the participants will
- Demonstrate an understanding of the way learning takes place in a museum setting
- Explore what can be gained from interacting with museum collections and spaces
- Learn how to use technology to encourage engagement
- Identify a range of learning strategies for a variety of students/learners
- Apply what they have learned to design their own learning scenarios using Project-based
learning and interdisciplinary learning
Objectives of the course
- Understanding the important points in learning in museums
- Using museums as social and cultural learning environments
- Improving teaching methods in relation to real-life complexity
- Adaptation of Project-based learning and interdisciplinary learning methodologies to your teaching & learning situations & contexts
- Focusing on effective teaching strategies that encourage the active involvement of all students in real-life environments.
- Designing learning scenarios focusing on real-life objects, subject matters using innovative and creative methodologies
- Getting familiarized with the tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school.
- Working cooperatively
- Learning in an interactive and international environment
- Examining and Simulating case studies,
- Learning based on experiential training
- Visiting museums on various themes
- Creating learning scenarios based on Project-based learning and interdisciplinary learning
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Įvertinkite ir parašykite atsiliepimą
Apžvalgas pateikia tik patvirtinti kursų dalyviai, naudodamiesi Europos Komisijos priemone „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu jūs dalyvavote šiuose kursuose, norėdami pateikti apžvalgą naudokite „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu kursai neįtraukti į „Mobility Tool+“, projekto koordinatoriui galite nurodyti šį kursų ID: 285087.
Atsiliepimų apie šiuos kursus nėra.