STOP BULLYING IN SCHOOLS
STOP BULLYING IN SCHOOLS AND CREATE A MORE PEACEFUL ATMOSPHERE
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to support school staffs with the understanding of the reasons underneath the bullying at schools, ways of creating a more peaceful atmosphere to enhance more prosperous learning and teaching process.
There is new concern about school violence, and police have assumed greater responsibility for helping school officials ensure students' safety.
Perhaps more than any other school safety problem, bullying affects students' sense of security. The most effective ways to prevent or lessen bullying require school administrators' commitment and intensive effort; police interested in increasing school safety can use their influence to encourage schools to address the problem.
Bullying is widespread and perhaps the most underreported safety problem at schools in Europe and in the World as a whole. Contrary to popular belief, bullying occurs more often at school than on the way to and from there. Once thought of as simply a rite of passage or relatively harmless behavior that helps build young people's character, bullying is now known to have long-lasting harmful effects, for both the victim and the bully. Bullying is often mistakenly viewed as a narrow range of antisocial behavior confined to elementary school recess yards.
International research suggests that bullying is common at schools and occurs beyond elementary school; bullying occurs at all grade levels, although most frequently during elementary school. It occurs slightly less often in middle schools, and less so, but still frequently, in high schools. High school freshmen are particularly vulnerable.
Dan Olweus, a researcher in Norway, conducted groundbreaking research in the 1970s exposing the widespread nature and harm of school bullying. Bullying is well documented in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, providing an extensive body of information on the problem. Research from some countries has shown that, without intervention, bullies are much more likely to develop a criminal record than their peers, and bullying victims suffer psychological harm long after the bullying stops.
Key Issues and Concerns are Definition of Bullying, Related Problems, Extent of Bullying Problem, A threshold Problem: The reluctance to Report, Bullying Behavior, Bullies, Incidents of Bullying, Victims of Bullying, Consequences of Bullying, Chronic Victims of Bullying, Ways of preventing bullying in schools and creating a more secure and safe environment.
All the participants will
- Understand terms of bullying,
- Identify bullying behaviors, the victims
- Learn about the pedagogical approaches to deal with the victims of bullying as well as attackers
- Discuss and develop a school plan to prevent bullying
Objectives of the course
- Understanding the terms of bullying in schools
- Recognizing bullying behavior
- Getting aware of related problems
- Identifying the incidents and consequences of Bullying
- Getting an awareness related to the chronic victims of Bullying
- Developing a school policy plan on preventing bullying at schools
- Introducing pedagogical approaches to deal with the victims of bullying as well as attackers
- practical and skills-based -interactive learning,
- immediate feedbacks,
- hands-on activities
- inspiring discussions on best practices.
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Įvertinkite ir parašykite atsiliepimą
Apžvalgas pateikia tik patvirtinti kursų dalyviai, naudodamiesi Europos Komisijos priemone „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu jūs dalyvavote šiuose kursuose, norėdami pateikti apžvalgą naudokite „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu kursai neįtraukti į „Mobility Tool+“, projekto koordinatoriui galite nurodyti šį kursų ID: 282615.
Atsiliepimų apie šiuos kursus nėra.