MATERIAL DESIGN FOR SEN
MATERIAL DESIGN FOR SEN
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
To provide the necessary knowledge and skills to design and develop instructional materials in the field of special education is the aim of that course.
For the individuals who need special education to learn different concepts and skills, different arrangements need to be made. Systematic training is also a must for these individuals. Individuals with intellectual disabilities show differences within two standard deviations in terms of intellectual functions, corresponding to those with deficiencies and restrictions in conceptual, social, and practical adaptation skills, and these characteristics are revealed at the period of development before the age of 18. It can be said that a significant part of the problems is related to attention due to reasons such as difficulty in remembering individuals with intellectual disabilities, weakening of visual and auditory perception (Beirne-Smith, Patton, and Kim, 2006). For this reason, the materials to be used in the education of individuals with impairments should be individualized more.
Designing tools and materials for students with special educational needs, planning sample applications, using instructional technologies for concept teaching and material design (preparing an evaluation form, choosing a concept based on evaluation, making concept analysis, preparing concept teaching material), social using instructional technologies for teaching skills and designing materials (preparing and applying an evaluation form, choosing a social skill based on evaluation, preparing tools for the skills to be taught).
All the participants will
- Know the important principles in material development.
- Design and develop assessment tools.
- Design and develop materials for different purposes and levels for teaching concepts and
- Use technology tools in material design and development.
- Know about disability groups in the special education field and have information about individual,
educational and social effects of disability
- Know, develop, and adapt to the individual needs of educational materials, current technology, and other resources appropriate to the curriculum of SEN Programs
Objectives of the course
- Listing the principles of material design in SEN
- Getting familiar about requirements of SEN education and the learning environments
- Discussing the scientific ways of designing materials for SEN students
- Relating SEN Students and their needs
- Getting to know their learning styles
- Focusing on practical and skill-based interactive learning
- Providing immediate feedback
- Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Designing Materials
- Defending self-management skills
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 09.09.2024 > 13.09.2024