Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
Bullying behaviors, whether virtual or face-to-face, have negative impacts not only on victims and survivors but on bullies too. They leave scars that may never properly heal and will shape their life to come. Although the focus on the topic of bullying and cyberbullying is strong, people still ask themselves “Now, what are we really going to do about it?”.
In this course, participants will reflect on the impacts that bullying and cyberbullying behaviors have and what are concrete steps can be taken to not only stop but also prevent it from happening.
This structured course aims to increase participants’ awareness about the phenomenon, acquire methods and tools to build a positive school and classroom environment, and plan long-term strategies and policies to apply to prevent and reduce bullying and cyberbullying in schools.
The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by equipping teachers and school managers with the needed knowledge and competencies to effectively prevent all forms of bullying in education and school settings.
All the participants will
- Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge
about impacts, risk factors, and long-term effects on victims and bullies.
- Get to know how to build a positive classroom environment and develop social and
- Learn how to develop and enforce a school policy plan on tackling and preventing bullying
- Explore and discuss the fine line between legal and illegal behavior and how to identify
- Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with fellow colleagues and the course
trainers about how to reduce bullying in schools.
- Network with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe
through everyday cooperation and team-building activities.
Objectives of the course
- Understanding the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impact, risks, and long-term effects on victims and bullies
- Creating a positive classroom environment
- Developing and enforcing a school policy plan on how to prevent cyberbullying at school
- Focusing on practical and skill-based interactive learning
- Providing immediate feedback
- Helping students to participate in class
- Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Defending self-management skills
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 11.11.2024 > 15.11.2024