CONTENT AND LANGUAGE INTEGRATED LEARNING (CLIL) AND DIGITAL BASED LEARNING (DBL)
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 400€
This course is aimed at anyone interested in implementing CILL methods in classes. With this course, you will experiment new approaches to make your lessons more engaging for your learners by learning how to use CILL Methods.
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is increasingly widespread in educational institutions of all levels and sectors across Europe. CLIL stands for Content and Language Integrated Learning and refers to teaching subjects such as science, history, and geography to students through a foreign language.
The term CLIL was coined by David Marsh, University of Jyväskylä, Finland (1994): "CLIL refers to situations where subjects, or parts of subjects, are taught through a foreign language with dual-focused aims, namely the learning of content and the simultaneous learning of a foreign language."
CLIL is simply the teaching of subjects to students in a language that is not their own. So, we have two elements to look at here:
The subject: This can be anything from academic subjects like physics and history, to even life
skills taught in a classroom context.
The medium of instruction: This is the language used inside the classroom to explain the
Just as “integrated” suggests, a CLIL class hits two birds with one stone: the subject matter and the target language. But let’s be clear, CLIL is not a language class. It’s a subject class taught in a certain tongue. While students are learning about the subject matter, they’re also learning a new language alongside it. Focusing on so many different digital tools and platforms learning a new language can be empowered. During the course, both methods will be engaged to design a more motivating and life-like environment at school to foster content and language-based learning.
All the participants will
- Become aware of key issues related to CLIL in education
- Have a greater understanding of CLIL methods and their main aspects of it.
- Understand the methodology of the CLIL METHODS in the classroom and its impact on student's motivation and performances
- Learn CLIL activities
- Learn how to integrate new activities into their CLIL lessons
- Acquire the necessary skills in the mother and target language
- Develop cognitive and social skills.
- Explore the main ICT tools for creating a CLIL learning environment
- Exchange experiences in the cooperative and collaborative learning process as long as in creativity and innovation
- Be familiar with the digital tools and platforms that can be used in teaching and learning language
- Create their own digital or online materials and assessment ways using various digital or online platforms
- Share the best practice in teaching and learning, using ICT in the framework of CLIL enabling
teachers to become confident and competent enough to create a collaborative, interactive
Objectives of the course
- Becoming aware of CLIL Method’s main aims
- Describing CLIL formation process, output points
- Explaining main aspects of CLIL and characteristics of CLIL lesson
- Analyzing benefits and risks of CLIL
- Examining CLIL activities across the school curriculum
- Learning how to plan and edit CLIL lesson
- Design, develop and implement CLIL lessons in their classes.
- Building and using mind maps in the framework of CLIL
- Applying the CLIL approach in the classroom
- Creating real activities using CLIL
- Constructing individual CLIL lesson plans
- Identifying the concept of CLIL
- Designing lesson plans
- Working in small groups cooperatively to develop an effective project idea
- Discussing benefits and risks of CLIL
- Creating effective communication
- Developing simultaneous learning
- Increasing student’s efficiency rates on successful projects and creating a strong European partnership for future collaboration
- Using theoretical knowledge so that they can complete several practical tasks designed to create a digital classroom
- Using a pedagogical approach to support networking and sharing among teachers
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 05.09.2022 > 09.09.2022
- 08.05.2023 > 12.05.2023
- 14.08.2023 > 18.08.2023
Įvertinkite ir parašykite atsiliepimą
Apžvalgas pateikia tik patvirtinti kursų dalyviai, naudodamiesi Europos Komisijos priemone „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu jūs dalyvavote šiuose kursuose, norėdami pateikti apžvalgą naudokite „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu kursai neįtraukti į „Mobility Tool+“, projekto koordinatoriui galite nurodyti šį kursų ID: 239627.
Atsiliepimų apie šiuos kursus nėra.