Adventure Education for personal and group development
Course overview and purpose:
Outdoor Adventure Education is an innovative educational approach that promotes learning and development through adventure-centred experiences. Adventure means challenge, uncertainty, new experiences, nature immersion, involvement of head, heart and hand, and relationships with others. In a complex and uncertain social and cultural context, adventure education seems to be a great learning opportunity for both youth and adults. Adventure education differs from restorative or recreational outdoor activities in its crucial role of reflection and conceptualisation during the learning process.
Based in an outdoor training centre located in a rural setting, the course provides an immersive and experiential programme. The main event of this course is a two-day outdoor expedition, a great learning experience to experiment directly in the experiential process. We will hike in a natural area (Colli Euganei) and we will spend a night outdoors, exploring personal and group resources outside of our comfort zones. After the outdoor experience, we will reflect on and discuss personal insights, ideas, theories and methodology for developing outdoor adventure education in the school context. You will also receive some practical tools, participate in case histories discussion and have the opportunity for sharing and networking with passionate colleagues.
- Know the fundamental aspects of theory and method of adventure education
- Discuss how to integrate outdoor adventure activities and processes in your own professional practice and community
- Understand different models of using outdoor learning for students and groups development
- Be able to plan specific activities connected with your context and objectives
- Raise awareness about your personal relationship with nature and adventure education
- Gain tools and strategies for providing learning experiences and reflection on those experiences
Įvertinkite ir parašykite atsiliepimą
Apžvalgas pateikia tik patvirtinti kursų dalyviai, naudodamiesi Europos Komisijos priemone „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu jūs dalyvavote šiuose kursuose, norėdami pateikti apžvalgą naudokite „Mobility Tool+“. Jeigu kursai neįtraukti į „Mobility Tool+“, projekto koordinatoriui galite nurodyti šį kursų ID: 157132.
Atsiliepimų apie šiuos kursus nėra.