BUILDING A POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT- Classroom management, communication skills, effective teaching and learning (6-day)
A positive, productive learning environment in the classroom is fundamental to students' academic, emotional and social success and progress. Teachers who establish classrooms that are supportive, caring, challenging, and academically strong build a positive learning environment. Classroom management techniques; communication skills; effective strategies for teaching and learning; discipline methods; effective routines and climate are basic components of a positive learning environment in the classroom that allows students to feel comfortable and safe; enhance their motivation and progress; and develop the sense of belonging.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about how to build a positive learning environment in classroom and in school, as well as practical guidelines to integrate activities and implement programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
The cost for 6-day course is 480 euro and for 7-day course is 560 euro. It includes course fees, course material, entrance to museums and tours.
During the course, participants will:
• examine techniques for effective Classroom management
• examine routines, norms and practices that improve teaching and learning
• discover ways to develop Teacher –student relationships and communication skills with the students
• learn techniques to maximize students’ attention
• learn productive ways for time management and controlling stress and pressure
• understand and address students’ diversity during teaching
• learn ways to handle behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying
• examine the use of technology for classroom management; for sharing data & communication; for creative activities
• visit schools and discuss good practices with teachers
• observe and discuss recorded teaching lessons
• visit sites, museums and monuments in Cyprus and plan activities/ programmes
After confirming registration, participants will be informed about the details of the course (arrival, daily programme). Participants will be able to introduce themselves and bring a few examples of routines and practices that they apply to their teaching.
• The importance of a positive learning environment
• A positive learning environment & Lifelong learning skills
• Activities for team building
• Classroom management
• Teaching procedures and routines
• ICT tools for sharing data & communication
• Classroom setup
• Teacher –student relationships
• Communication skills
• Activities that encourage communication
• Non-verbal communication
• Time management
• Maximizing students’ attention
• ICT tools for creative activities
• Teaching & learning outdoors
• Teaching & learning outdoors
• Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments
• Doing activities in the city center.
• Data collection for the group work
• Controlling stress
• Interactive teaching strategies
• Understanding and addressing students’ diversity
• How do we deal with classroom diversity?
• Multicultural & Intercultural education
• Intercultural activities in a multicultural classroom
• Handling indiscipline and other behavoural problems
• Activities that enhance the sense of belonging
• Dealing with racism
• Dealing with bullying
• Good practices for facing behavioural problems
• Teaching skills & teachers’ competence
• Visit to a school.
• Activities in
-Limassol Archaeological museum
• Data collection for group work.
• School climate & policy
• Dealing with parents
• Relationships with staff and administration
• Activities for Secondary Education
• Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work, review of the course, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional)
• Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
Séances à venir
- 05.12.2020 > 10.12.2020 (ID: 104219)
- Inscriptions avant le 30.11.2020
- 10.04.2021 > 15.04.2021 (ID: 104222)
- Inscriptions avant le 05.04.2021
- 05.06.2021 > 10.06.2021 (ID: 104220)
- Inscriptions avant le 31.05.2021
- 24.07.2021 > 29.07.2021 (ID: 104221, Confirmé))
- Inscriptions avant le 19.07.2021
- 30.10.2021 > 04.11.2021 (ID: 133251)
- Inscriptions avant le 25.10.2021
- 04.12.2021 > 09.12.2021 (ID: 133250)
- Inscriptions avant le 29.11.2021
Évaluation & commentaires
Les évaluations proviennent uniquement de participants aux cours certifiés via le Mobility Tool+ de la Commission européenne. Si vous avez participé à ce cours, veuillez utiliser le Mobility Tool+ pour soumettre une évaluation. Si le cours n'est pas encore répertorié dans le Mobility Tool+, vous pouvez transmettre le numéro d'identification de cours suivant à votre coordinateur de projet : 88414.
Il n'y a pas de commentaire pour ce cours.