Digital Classroom: Using ICT in Education
The course is actionable and results-oriented. More than just learning about the technology and what it can do, teachers will use the technology to design their own engaging lessons and classroom projects.
The Digital Course is perfect for you if you:
• Want to dramatically improve student engagement and retention during your class;
• Recognize the need to meet your “digital learners” on a new level;
• Are feeling pressured to utilize district-purchased technology;
• Understand your role in preparing your students to become “online learners”.
The methodological approach includes: Think‐Pair‐Share; Reciprocal Teaching; Think‐Aloud Pair Problem Solving (TAPPS); Group Grid; Group Writing Assignments; Brainstorming; Group discussion; Group survey; Critical debates; Three-Step Interview. Students will work together in groups on a structured activity. They will be individually accountable for their work, and the work of the group as a whole will be also assessed. Cooperative groups will work face-to-face and learn to work as a team. In small groups students will have a chance to share strengths and also to develop their weaker skills. At the end of the course the participants will be given an Attendance Certificate and Europass Mobility Certificate.
Follow-up: A mailing list of participants will be created after the course and they will be encouraged to remain in contact with the trainers and with their fellow participants, as long as to establish future partnerships and projects, related to Erasmus+. Self-evaluation materials will be provided. At the end of the course the participants will accomplish a questionnaire in order to get a detailed feedback for the effectiveness of the training event. They will be asked to present an action agenda on the method of implementing the key learning points into their professional practice. A Facebook group will be formed for discussions and sharing of ideas and good practices after the workshop. The participants will be given the opportunity to transmit the knowledge and experience achieved to their colleagues and by this to assist in the dissemination of the leaning results and outcomes.
Programme of training activities day-by-day:
Welcome and registration
Ice – breaking meeting.
Introduction to ICT in Education (Humanities and Social Sciences).
In the digital classroom – innovations and challenges. Key terminology.
How to use Google in the classroom? (Gmail, Drive)
Group work: Using clouding storage
Discussion and team work: national strategies for e-learning, distance learning and open learning in digital environment
Using Blogs in the Classroom.
Multimedia tools: audio and video.
Group work: Making blogs for educational purpose
Synchronous and asynchronous online communication in the learning process.
Computer-mediated communication and Social Media.
Quizzes, Tests and Exams online.
Group work: making tests and quizzes in the subject field of the participants
Building learning communities online. Social networking for learning.
Web 2.0 tools for online learning – In this module participants will learn about the concept of Web 2.0 and the different tools that can be used in the teaching process.
Web 2.0 tools by necessity – In this module participants will learn how to use the Web 2.0 tools to address classrooms' needs
Web 2.0 tools by subject – In this module participants will use the Web 2.0 tools according to their teaching subject
Digital games and learning. Typology of games. Games in the context of new media. E-games and foreign languages learning.
Word games online. Serious games and simulations in the digital classroom;
Group work: evaluation of e-games for learning
Discussion: Digital or traditional classroom: a matter of choice?
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY Cultural and sightseeing activities as an important part of Intercultural competences acquired by participants during the course
Feedback, course evaluation and dissemination focus
IMPORTANT NOTE: Web 2.0 tools are a significant part of the course programme. However, in addition we have integrated many Web 2.0 tools in everyday classes regarding the use of Web 2.0 applications like:
- cloud based file storages (Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox)
- communication tools (using filters and labels in gmail, Edmodo system for sharing information, assignments and files with the whole classroom)
- online learning (Moodle for making multi-functional digital courses, again Edmodo with it's learning capabilities, Khanacademy with its extensive digital classes)
- online quizzes and exams (Kahoot and Socrative for very fun and interactive web quizzes, Edmodo with it's quizzes and polls, Moodle with time limited assignments)
- using multimedia in classroom (ways of making and sharing audio and video lessons for students' later use)
- e-games in education (examples of universal and class-specific learning games)
All of these categories fit the Web 2.0 definition of web sites that focus on interaction and collaboration.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The course fee required is fixed at 70 EUR per course day and depends on the duration of the course, chosen by the participants: 5, 7 or 10 days course. We don't require "package price"(course fee +accommodation+meals), as usually this type of price is much higher than the real expenses. Furthermore, in the case of "package price" participants are restricted regarding their accommodation preferences.
The participants will have an option to choose their own accommodation regarding their budget and other preferences. We shall advise them and assist in any possible manner in order to find the best option.
I am always at your disposal for any further information.
Séances à venir
- 07.09.2020 > 13.09.2020 (ID: 136171)
- 12.10.2020 > 18.10.2020 (ID: 136173)
- 09.11.2020 > 15.11.2020 (ID: 136172)
- 07.12.2020 > 13.12.2020 (ID: 136175)
- 25.01.2021 > 31.01.2021 (ID: 136174)
- 08.02.2021 > 14.02.2021 (ID: 136177)
- 08.03.2021 > 14.03.2021 (ID: 136176)
- 12.04.2021 > 18.04.2021 (ID: 136181)
- 10.05.2021 > 16.05.2021 (ID: 136179)
- 14.06.2021 > 20.06.2021 (ID: 136180)
- 19.07.2021 > 25.07.2021 (ID: 136178)