USE OF ICT IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
USE OF ICT IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
Course Duration: 5 days
Course fee: 400€
Information and Communication Technology includes several technologies like mobile technology, blogs, personal web pages, video games, audio… Besides, we can say that ICT is a kind of information technology tool which helps students’ learning in many ways. So, with ICT, students can learn more effectively, and they can reach a larger number of students. Also, ICT can overcome more easily to difficulties in Special Education.
This course is a kind of teacher training course that helps teachers become aware of students’ needs and integrate them into education with the ICT.
Theoretical and practical information about ICT tools that can be used in the class environment will be given for each course day. Different ice-breaker activities are designed in different themes. In the following areas: 10 in total, each day less than 1 ice crusher activity is planned.
3 teams in 6 categories:
1. Indoor activities,
2. Outdoor activities
3. Project workshops
4. Music activities
5. Sports events
6. Art activities
The pedagogical effects of ICT and the application of these methods to classroom environments will be done interactively with the activities.
- Special needs training in the information age
- Auxiliary technologies for students with special education requirements
- Remote technologies for students with special education requirements
- ICT policy in special needs education (SEN)
The reference point for this course is the European Framework of reference for key competencies for lifelong learning. They will focus on these qualifications throughout the course program. These are:
o Digital competence,
o Learn to learn
o Enterprise and entrepreneurship.
All the participants will
- Get familiar with ICT and SEN
- Define the role of ICT in special education
- Analyze the obstacles to learning ICT
- Discuss the ways of overcoming obstacles
- Support inclusive education with ICT
- Design a lesson plan and activity related to ICT in SEN
- Get familiar with AT (assistive technologies)
- Use different teaching methods in classes
- Provide equal opportunities for all the students
- Focus on digital competence, entrepreneurship, and learn to learn
Objectives of the course
- Defining educational needs and student’s needs
- Analyzing teaching methods for students who hearing and visually impaired students
- Getting familiar with distance education
- Learning digital society
- Processing main steps of Inclusive Education
- Preparing lesson plan
- Focusing on ICT and AT in education, especially in SEN
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Using multiple intelligence methods
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
- 14.10.2024 > 18.10.2024
Arviot & arvostelut
Arvioita voivat antaa vain todennetut kurssin osallistujat Euroopan komission Mobility Tool+ -alustan kautta. Jos osallistuit tälle kurssille, käytä Mobility Tool+ -alustaa arvion lähettämiseen. Jos kurssi ei vielä näy Mobility Tool+ -alustalla, voit antaa projektikoordinaattorillesi seuraavan kurssitunnuksen: 282646.
Tästä kurssista ei ole arvosteluja.