Course overview and purpose:
The course CLIL Matters is for teachers who have started or are considering working with CLIL. The course gives a minimum theoretical background and maximum practical ideas to meet the needs of English Language Learners of various ages and language skills.
The course offers individual, pair and group activities, as well as role-plays and discussions that promote reflection and learning. The classes are based around 10 CLIL parameters regarding content, communication and cognition, and include the following: types of language in CLIL, vocabulary strategies, scaffolding for supporting content and language, promoting student-student interaction, guiding input and supporting output, learner autonomy, and evaluation. We will also look at CLIL materials and their adaptation, as well as classroom management strategies.
- reflect on the theories behind CLIL and their significance for education
- understand the applicability of the CLIL Wheel in CLIL lesson planning and as a checklist
- use various strategies which make subjects and foreign language integration successful
- participate in and reflect on examples of CLIL lessons
- find and adapt appropriate materials for own CLIL lessons
- use thinking routines with the students
- use selected online tools for CLIL lessons
- prepare and conduct own CLIL mini-lesson
liaise with other CLIL teachers
Hinda & arvusta
Hinnangud on andnud üksnes kinnitatud kursusel osalejad Euroopa Komisjoni liikuvusvahendi+ (Mobility Tool+) kaudu. Kui osalesite sellel kursusel, kasutage palun hinnangu andmiseks liikuvusvahendit+. Kui kursus pole veel liikuvusvahendisse+ lisatud, võite edastada oma projektikoordinaatorile järgmise kursuse ID: 285939.
Sellele kursusele pole arvustusi lisatud.