Bringing the 21st Century Language Classroom to Life
Course overview and purpose:
As we proceed into the future – the 21st century – new challenges lie ahead, many of which we cannot even predict. As educators, it is our role to convert our life experience and training into passionate, energetic and relevant delivery, which will help our learners overcome any challenges which lie ahead; to not just be 21st century citizens, but also champions.
Beyond language, students need to know how to turn dreams into reality; to convert ideas into effective spoken and written words, foster partnerships through collaboration, and solve future problems through creativity and critical thinking.
This course will take language learning pedagogy and bring it to life for the modern world and beyond.
- Know the benefits of various environments; synchronous, asynchronous, and outside the class, to optimise classroom time as part of a blended approach to learning
- Learn how to match authentic materials and media to realistic, functional, and communicative language aims; calling upon blended, flipped, and 21st-century learning strategies
- Being able to use a ‘lexical approach’ to analyse texts, inform material creation, and be better placed to diagnose language learners
- Ability to analyse phonology in order to improve the effectiveness of ‘listening lessons’; furthering the ability of their learners to benefit from listening texts outside of the classroom
- Gain skills and strategies which will allow the exploitation of a variety of media and authentic materials to ensure their classes are relevant, challenging, and springboards for language analysis
- Understand how to assess learners beyond the traditional written tests; matching together functional, component language with realistic and communicative outcomes
Hinda & arvusta
Hinnangud on andnud üksnes kinnitatud kursusel osalejad Euroopa Komisjoni liikuvusvahendi+ (Mobility Tool+) kaudu. Kui osalesite sellel kursusel, kasutage palun hinnangu andmiseks liikuvusvahendit+. Kui kursus pole veel liikuvusvahendisse+ lisatud, võite edastada oma projektikoordinaatorile järgmise kursuse ID: 285927.
Sellele kursusele pole arvustusi lisatud.