Facing Diversity: Inclusive education strategies for students with fewer opportunities (TENERIFE)
During your teaching you will encounter a wide variety of students, all with their own history, personality and challenges. In order to enable all your students to benefit from your teaching, you will need to deal with these student differences purposefully.
But how do you do that? How can students interact in a productive way regardless of their cultural belonging? How do you reach all your students? The aim of the training course is to empower teachers with skills and knowledge about access of students with fewer opportunities to formal and non-formal education, transnational mobility and participation, active citizenship, empowerment and inclusion in school and society and also strengthening the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to fully accept, support and promote the differences in society.
Join this training and you will broader awareness about different learning approaches, intercultural communication, innovative methods, and how to convert diversity from burden to opportunity.
Based on formal, informal and non formal learning, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of problems and thoughts of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for studying, reflecting and working. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:face-to-face lessons, experiential learning,team-building and team-working, best practice case-studies, driven simulations,role-play, study visits, focus-group, daily evaluation through self , group assessment, etc
PREPARATION AND FOLLOW-UP
BEFORE:Every participant will have to fill a questionnaire which helps the trainers to customize the course to better fit their needs. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
AFTER: The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course,lesson plans , all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
-to solve inclusion issues in multicultural classes
-to have a clear understanding of exclusion and inclusion
-to find solutions and take measures to avoid exclusion of young people with fewer opportunities
-to make inclusion a priority in their work
-to learn strategies for students with fewer opportunities so as to give access them to formal and non-formal education for empowerment and inclusion in school and society
-to raise motivation and interest work with disadvantaged students with fewer opportunities
-to plan for and design inclusive education environments for learning.
-to develop individual learning plans based on whole-school curriculum planning.
-to outline strategies for developing professional working relationships within this group.
-to select and use relevant curriculum and support resources
-to learn new non-formal education activities and techniques in order to better integrate of all students in the classroom
- to find strategies based on a very good overview and practical experience of tools through individual work, working groups and collective work regarding social inclusion
- to use new mediation and negotiation tools in the fight against exclusion of students with fewer opportunities
-to exchange practices and experiences on various aspects and perceptions of marginalization and inclusion.
The programme is designed on learning modules. The detailed agenda will be given after pre-registration.
1 .INTERCULTURAL SETTINGS. Connection between culture and inclusion. Education For All. A global commitment. Multicultural or intercultural education. Show me your class and I will tell you who you are
2 INTRODUCTION TO INCLUSION. A clear, basic understanding of exclusion and inclusion. Principles of inclusive education. Aims and objectives of inclusive education. What means a teacher as inclusive promoter?
3. FEWER OPPORTUNITIES: legal framework. learners characteristics, identification, definitions, etiology, developmental consequences, interventions and prevention; Segregation, integration, inclusion: Inclusive Education Versus Special Education debate
4. INCLUSIVE EDUCATION: The research-basis for inclusive education. Need and importance. The basic elements of inclusive education;Reforms in curriculum. Creating an inclusive learning environment: how to deal with Stereotype threat, Pygmalion effect, Acculturation theory.
5.THE VALUE OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION: The importance of inclusive education; The basic elements of inclusive education; The support of inclusive education; Social theatre, human library and improvisation as educational tools
6. Different ways in which INCLUSIVE EDUCATIONAL PRACTICES build a school's capacity to educate all learners effectively: Coaching models that increase students’ engagement.
7. STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE INCLUSIVE EDUCATION. How to foster students’ inclusion, tolerance and intercultural awareness through non-formal, informal and experiential learning activities. Non formal education tools aimed at social inclusion. Designing lessons and activities to support increasing diversity in contemporary classrooms Strategies to involve in school activities students in risk of exclusion. Activities based on a very good overview and practical experience of tools through individual work, working groups and collective work regarding social inclusion.
8. TECHNIQUES TO SUPPORT SOCIAL INCLUSION. Conflict in classroom. Management styles of conflict. Mediation and negotiation tools in the fight against exclusion of people with fewer opportunities.
9 HUMAN RIGHTS regarding social inclusion in school. The impact regarding social inclusion in schools. Planning, support and commitment. Planning the follow up: future projects together. Course evaluation. Releasing of official course certifications.
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with the Europass Mobility Certificate, together with a desciptive certificate of attendance. Both documents will be provided in double language. ( course language and participant national language)
COURSE LENGTH AND FEES
8 days/70 eur/day/pax=560 eur This amount can be fully covered via an Erasmus+ KA1 grant provided by your National Agency.
The course can be deliver according your staff learning needs also in short versions ( 5 or 7 days)
Direct link for pre-registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZI_ak1hxl8hsd5nPe6JiOmE57icLOixotEVYz7MqnSfCk6g/viewform
- 01.02.2021 > 08.02.2021 (ID: 80487, Confirmada))
- Fin plazo matrícula: 30.01.2021
Valoración y comentarios
Los comentarios son únicamente de los participantes verificados en los cursos a través de Mobility Tool+ de la Comisión Europea. Si has participado en este curso, por favor utiliza Mobility Tool+ para enviar un comentario. Si el curso aún no está incluido en Mobility Tool+, puedes facilitar a tu coordinador de proyecto el siguiente número de identificación del curso: 80485.
Este curso no tiene comentarios.