European Toolkit for Schools – webinar series
The European Toolkit for Schools is running a webinar series on Promoting inclusive education and tackling early school leaving, consisting of three webinars.
Family participation always matters – even more during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Friday, 6 November, 16:00 CET
- Speakers: Rocío García-Carrión, Research Fellow at the University of Deusto | Blanca Febré López, secondary education teacher at the Sagrada Familia School
This webinar focuses on how schools can involve families in successful educational actions to improve students’ learning and social and emotional development simultaneously.
Inclusive Inquiry: an approach for promoting inclusion
- Friday, 13 November, 17:00 CET
- Speakers: Kyriaki (Kiki) Messiou, Professor of Education at the University of Southampton | Mel Ainscow, Emeritus Professor of Education at the University of Manchester
This webinar will present the findings of a three-year study (2017-2020) that used an innovative approach, Inclusive Inquiry, where children become researchers and work collaboratively with their teachers to design lessons for all pupils.
Indicators for inclusive systems in and around schools
- Friday, 20 November, 16:00 CET
- Speakers: Erna Nairz-Wirth, Associate Professor and Head of the Education Sciences Group at Vienna University of Economics and Business | Martin Karlberg, senior lecturer in the Department of Education and Education Studies | Dr Per Kornhall, independent author, lecturer, and consultant in school development and education
This webinar discusses the indicators for inclusive systems in and around schools that were used for the self-assessment tool on the European Toolkit for Schools website, and how these indicators can be useful for schools, administrators or teacher educators.