DRAMA IN EDUCATION -Using drama as a tool in teaching and learning
Broadly speaking, Drama in Education (DiE): using drama as a tool in teaching and learning is designed for, and dedicated to teachers
• who are looking for meaningful ways of reflecting on their professional practice
• who wish to engage with pedagogic issues and widen their understanding of the methods and practice of creative teaching/learning through drama
• who are looking to revitalize and energize their approach to teaching
• who wish to enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content in/through English
As participants come from different European countries, the course is also a valuable exercise in community building and international understanding. The course is 6-day, however there is the possibility to extend it to 7-day.
• understanding drama conventions and ways of creating meaning and engagement
• understanding the potential Drama in Education has for providing context for teaching/learning
• providing and exercising creative ideas for successful implementation of drama in the curriculum
• improving the ability to use innovative student-centered pedagogical approaches
• increased confidence in communicating in English
• increased intercultural awareness
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves; discussion about routines and practices that they use in their teaching practice; course programme overview.
THEORY • The role of classroom management; how effective classroom management can be achieved? Teaching procedures and routines; practices that improve teaching and learning; creating effective classroom setup.
THEORY • Efficient communication skills; verbal and non-verbal communication; time management; factors that influence teaching and learning; techniques to maximize pupils’ attention and learning experiences; the use of technology for classroom management.
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit to Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • Controlling stress, tiredness and pressure; understanding and addressing students’ diversity; behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying; teaching skills & teachers’ competence; school climate & policy; the role of curriculum; dealing with parents; relationships with the staff and administration; observation and discussion of teaching lessons.
VISIT • Visit to a primary /secondary school and discussion with the teachers. • Outdoor activities in museum, galleries and park. • Data collection for group work. GROUP WORK
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusions, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional) TOUR IN PAPHOS • Visit at Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 06.06.2020 > 11.06.2020 (ID: 98280)
- Register before 01.06.2020
- 01.08.2020 > 06.08.2020 (ID: 98279)
- Register before 27.07.2020
- 14.11.2020 > 19.11.2020 (ID: 98281)
- Register before 09.11.2020
- 06.03.2021 > 11.03.2021 (ID: 104238)
- Register before 01.03.2021
- 17.04.2021 > 22.04.2021 (ID: 104242)
- Register before 12.04.2021
- 22.05.2021 > 27.05.2021 (ID: 104240)
- Register before 17.05.2021
- 09.10.2021 > 14.10.2021 (ID: 104241)
- Register before 04.10.2021
- 13.11.2021 > 18.11.2021 (ID: 104239)
- Register before 08.11.2021
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.