DRAMA IN EDUCATION -Using drama as a tool in teaching and learning
Broadly speaking, Drama in Education (DiE): using drama as a tool in teaching and learning is designed for, and dedicated to teachers
• who are looking for meaningful ways of reflecting on their professional practice
• who wish to engage with pedagogic issues and widen their understanding of the methods and practice of creative teaching/learning through drama
• who are looking to revitalize and energize their approach to teaching
• who wish to enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content in/through English
As participants come from different European countries, the course is also a valuable exercise in community building and international understanding. The course is 6-day, however there is the possibility to extend it to 7-day.
• understanding drama conventions and ways of creating meaning and engagement
• understanding the potential Drama in Education has for providing context for teaching/learning
• providing and exercising creative ideas for successful implementation of drama in the curriculum
• improving the ability to use innovative student-centered pedagogical approaches
• increased confidence in communicating in English
• increased intercultural awareness
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves; discussion about routines and practices that they use in their teaching practice; course programme overview.
THEORY • The role of classroom management; how effective classroom management can be achieved? Teaching procedures and routines; practices that improve teaching and learning; creating effective classroom setup.
THEORY • Efficient communication skills; verbal and non-verbal communication; time management; factors that influence teaching and learning; techniques to maximize pupils’ attention and learning experiences; the use of technology for classroom management.
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit to Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • Controlling stress, tiredness and pressure; understanding and addressing students’ diversity; behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying; teaching skills & teachers’ competence; school climate & policy; the role of curriculum; dealing with parents; relationships with the staff and administration; observation and discussion of teaching lessons.
VISIT • Visit to a primary /secondary school and discussion with the teachers. • Outdoor activities in museum, galleries and park. • Data collection for group work. GROUP WORK
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusions, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional) TOUR IN PAPHOS • Visit at Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 09.10.2021 > 14.10.2021
- Register before 04.10.2021
- 13.11.2021 > 18.11.2021 (Confirmed)
- Register before 08.11.2021
- 12.02.2022 > 17.02.2022
- Register before 07.02.2022
- 26.03.2022 > 31.03.2022
- Register before 21.03.2022
- 21.05.2022 > 26.05.2022
- Register before 16.05.2022
- 23.07.2022 > 28.07.2022
- Register before 18.07.2022
- 08.10.2022 > 13.10.2022
- Register before 03.10.2022
- 12.11.2022 > 17.11.2022
- Register before 07.11.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 98268.
There are no reviews for this course.