CLIL: Integrated Teaching through English
CLIL: Integrated Teaching through English is intended for educators with an interest in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) who want to widen their understanding of the subject, but also wish to engage with broader pedagogic issues, and enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content through English. The course will also offer a clear rationale and suggestions for further exploration in this area.
This 6-day course is designed for, and dedicated to teachers
• who are looking for meaningful ways of reflecting on their professional practice
• who wish to engage with pedagogic issues and widen their understanding of CLIL
• who are looking to revitalize and energize their approach to teaching
• who wish to enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content in/through English
As participants come from different European countries, the course is a valuable exercise in community building and international understanding. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
- increased awareness and understanding of the potential of CLIL approach and methodology
- increased knowledge of the key principles of CLIL material development and the integration of content and language teaching
- a greater repertoire of activities to integrate into your CLIL teaching context
- increased confidence in communicating in English
- increased intercultural awareness
Introduction to CLIL
Activities for team building
Objectives, features & benefits of CLIL
Strategies for supporting learning in CLIL (1)
ICT tools for communication & collaboration
Visit to Limassol Old city center, Castle area, Carob Mill Museum and other monuments.
Visiting Medieval Castle & Museum
Doing activities in the city center.
Data collection for the group work.
ICT tools for creating activities
Discussing CLIL issues
CLIL & Lifelong learning skills
Strategies for supporting learning in CLIL (2)
The history of CLIL
Materials & tools for supporting learning in CLIL
Preparing a CLIL lesson
Examining a variety of CLIL lesson plans
Encouraging speaking and writing in CLIL
ICT tools for sharing data & communication
How to involve parents?
The European dimension of CLIL
Cultural activity: Visit to
-Limassol Archaeological museum
Data collection for group work.
Assessment on CLIL
A shared vision for CLIL
Participants complete the group work
Presentation of group work
Review of the course
DAY 7 (optional) Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics.
Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 04.06.2022 > 09.06.2022
- Register before 30.05.2022
- 02.07.2022 > 07.07.2022 (Confirmed)
- Register before 27.06.2022
- 15.10.2022 > 20.10.2022
- Register before 10.10.2022
- 26.11.2022 > 01.12.2022
- Register before 21.11.2022
- 25.02.2023 > 02.03.2023
- Register before 20.02.2023
- 29.04.2023 > 04.05.2023
- Register before 24.04.2023
- 03.06.2023 > 08.06.2023
- Register before 29.05.2023
- 01.07.2023 > 06.07.2023
- Register before 26.06.2023
- 14.10.2023 > 19.10.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
- 25.11.2023 > 30.11.2023
- Register before 20.11.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 98219.
There are no reviews for this course.