Coding & Robotics in Primary School
No pre-knowledge of coding or robotics is required for this course.
WE ACTIVELY ENCOURAGE TEACHERS WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OF CODING IN THE CLASSROOM TO SIGN UP FOR THE COURSE.
The course has been created for teachers who wish to introduce their students to the important domain of coding and robotics. It will seek to give teachers the knowledge and the skills to enable them to engage their students with elementary and fun pre-coding activities (which require no special equipment or software) before moving on to more advanced activities involving the use of block-coding languages and robotics devices designed especially for use in the primary classroom.
The focus will be on enjoyable activities and teachers will experience a gradual progression from simple physical activities aimed at introducing students to some of the core concepts in coding and robotics through to engaging problem-solving exercises with real robots and easy-to-learn programming languages.
Given the importance of STEM in the modern world, teachers will complete this course with the skills, competences and the confidence to allow them to give their students some of the skills and knowledge that will be crucial to them in their lives ahead. We will take an interdisciplinary approach throughout so that teachers will leave with an understanding of how they can make coding and robotics an integral part of the broader primary curriculum.
COURSE ORGANISER – EASY4TEACHERS (part of I Am Learner)
LOCATION – Tarragona, Spain
LANGUAGE - English
TOPICS – Informatics, coding, digital literacy, STEM, robotics, TEL
KEY COMPETENCES – Digital skills, technology, coding, robotics
TARGET AUDIENCE – Primary teachers and school staff, primary school management, early years teachers
PRICE - €480
INCLUDED IN PRICE – Course & Cultural Activities
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS – 20 maximum
CERTIFICATE ON COMPLETTION - YES
OUTLINE OF ACTIVITIES
• Welcome to participants
• Outline and discussion of the workshops programme
• Introduction to the teaching of coding & robotics in the primary classroom, including:
o A short history of coding & robotics in primary education
o What are the core concepts in coding & robotics?
o Discussion of the approach that we will take during the course
• Introduction to pre-coding activities in the primary classroom
• Some fun physical activities that will enable teachers to introduce students to core concepts in coding & robotics
• Introduction to Code-a-pillar and related activities/games
• More needed here….
• Introduction to block coding
• Introduction to Scratch Junior
• Much more…..
• Moving on from Scratch Junior to Scratch
• Introduction to Marty the Robot
• Programming Marty the Robot with Scratch
• The ‘Marty Challenge’!
- 07.06.2020 > 14.06.2020 (ID: 112660)
- Register before 01.06.2020
- 14.06.2020 > 21.06.2020 (ID: 112659)
- Register before 15.06.2020
- 16.08.2020 > 23.08.2020 (ID: 112662)
- Register before 10.08.2020
- 23.08.2020 > 30.08.2020 (ID: 112661)
- Register before 17.08.2020
- 03.01.2021 > 10.01.2021 (ID: 112793)
- Register before 28.12.2020
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.