Project Based Learning
PROJECT BASED LEARNING
Project-based learning is an instructional approach designed to give students the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills through engaging projects set around challenges and problems they may face in the real world.
Project-based learning, or PBL, is more than just projects. As the Buck Institute for Education (BIE) explains, with PBL students "investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging, and complex problem, or challenge" with deep and sustained attention.
PBL can vary from one school to another, and even from one project to another. Its defining characteristics, however, remain constant.
The PBL model:
• Is organized around an open-ended driving question or challenge
• Integrates essential abstract academic content and skills into the project development
• Requires inquiry to learn or create something new
• Requires critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, and communication (a group often called "21st-century skills")
• Allows student voice and choice
• Incorporates feedback and revision
• Results in a presentation of the problem definition, process, and final project
Objectıves Of The Course (Learning Outcomes)
• Understanding what is PBL? Why is it different? How does it look like in the classroom?
• Recognizing the needs for PBL in 21st century.
• Understanding the roles of students and teachers in PBL.
• Defining the ways of creating high quality PBL in classrooms
• Discovering the characteristics of PBL
• Discussing the changing roles of students and teachers in PBL.
• Focusing on learning strategies and thinking skills
• Understanding objectives of PBL;
1. Development of clinical reasoning skills
2. Development of self-directed study skills
3. Depth and focus of knowledge acquired
4. Development of conceptual skills
5. Development of team skills
6. Desinging sample PBL based lesson plans
We will focus on practical and skills-based -interactive learning, immediate feedbacks, hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices.
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators etc.
Before the course,
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass CV will be filled together according skills and competences gained during the course by participants
Anatolia Education and Consulting will support partnerships originated during the training course to develop their project ideas. After training, participants will have the opportunity of keeping in touch via on-line helping them giving birth to a virtual network of professionals. The trainer will also tutor the practical tasks assigned to participants after the course.
Session in 2020
• 9-13 March 2020 Roma, ITALY
• 13-17 April 2020 Barcelona, SPAIN
• 20-24 April 2020 Paris, FRANCE
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 92268.
There are no reviews for this course.