INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT), WEB APPLICATION, SOCIAL NETWORKS & ONLINE TOOLS FOR A NEW EDUCATION COURSE IN REIKJAVIK - ICELAND
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
ICT’s course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The course will focus on THE USE AND LEARNING OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES in the classroom, with special focus on the use of tablets as iPads or similar ones and discovering new apps but the achieve of all new knowledge as well. One of the goals of the course is to enable participants to introduce news technology (ICT) in classroom and apply the acquired skills to make knowledge accessible. We could do that in different ways such as by discovering and creating digital resources for teaching and learning. Students will work with modern technology to explore image and sound editing, the making of interactive presentations, the creation of online and offline games activities, etc. All these activities and tools will help a lot of subjects such as mathematics, science, languages, etc., so interdisciplinary will be used as part as the digital resources.
One of the strengths of the course lies in the presentation and use indeed of the iPad and other devices and a great range of educational apps to use in the classroom. Another important point to take into account is the visit to other educational center. ICT’s course also includes some NETWORKING ACTIVITY which takes places in strategic and relevants places of the city where take place the course, involving participants from other courses of the company just to encourage networking. This activity will further the relationship between participants of differents courses that take place at the same time in the same city.
ICT’s course is based on theoretical and especially on practical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assingnment support. Every day will add new information about new devices, apps, programs, etc., and will create new links to strenghten future common projects. Moreover, participants will also have the opportunity to enjoy interactive and collaborative group class. In addition, teachers will always have time to asess the information and the student’s job and redefine the contents and ways of working in order to improve the student’s skills.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities are a very good example of how to organise activities in a possible common future KA2 project. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from differents courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills once they return to their school with their own students.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
ICT’s course covers all the needs to know the basic ideas of using technology in the class. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
- To learn to use a great range of new tools and devices.
- To provide teachers to improve their practical skills related to the management of the idea and application process of the new technologies
- To assess and manage propperly different digital tools to apply interdisciplinary through the curriculum.
- To help teachers to design and implement motivating activities for their students by using ICT within a new framework of critical principles.
- To know other Educational System and be able to transfer the good practices in a satisfactory way to their own school centers.
- To strengthen European collaboration among –past, present and future– participants in the course and local schools in Spain and Great Britain.
- To share experiences of international colaboration and projects from different organizations in order to improve the european awareness.
- To give the opportunity for students of the participants to travel around Europe in future years thanks to their succesful KA2 projects created this week.
- To improve English fluency –official language of the course–.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of teachers and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even other kinds of collaboration. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation and the delivery of the certificates of attendance to finish the course on Saturday morning with other free cultural activity.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. SOCIAL NETWORKS AND DEVICES.
- Brief presentation of the course, participants and its target. Explanation of the final project.
- Knowing two important devices to presentations: Google Chrome and Apple TV.
- Working in groups to practice about how to use the new devices.
- How to create a Blog. Working on the design, how to elaborate and organize the contents and management.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. DISCOVERING IPADs AND APPs.
- Working with tablets and iPads (1).
- Exhibition of a wide range of apps, to prepare contents in the classroom.
- Be a director!!! Discovering video apps: iMovie, stop motion, audacity, etc
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. WORKING HARD.
- Working with tablets and iPads (2).
- Explore another kind of apps, from presentation to mathematical apps.
- The use of apps to gamificate the classroom.
- Discussing group ideas proposed by groups to create different games. Brainstorming and team building.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. EDUCATIONAL VISIT TO SCHOOLS DAY. CREATING A TEAM.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Create amazing questionaries with google form. Tricks and key words to create successful forms.
- Let's practique!! Cooperative working in groups making and aplying different forms.
- Dissemination and presentation of google form results.
- Time to finish the final project, and how to face it with success.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
Moreover, you can enjoy the Erasmus spirit thanks to the free and optional activities that the company offers on the island during the week.
- Free cultural activity on Sunday afternoon: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. After the welcoming session, you will visit Reykjavík downtown in an educational tour included in course fees.
- Free cultural activity on Saturday morning: visit the number one museum of Reykjavík named 'Best of the best' at tripadvisor: Perlan museum.
- Feel free to ask and join for the optional tours that the company has arranged for you: Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle and South Coast tour.
ICT’s course will attend editions during 2022 and 2023 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 30th October to Saturday 5th November.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
- From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 23rd October to Saturday 29th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
- From Sunday 29th October to Saturday 4th November.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 16th July to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
FRANCE – TAHITI:
- From Sunday 13th August to Saturday 19th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 22nd October to Saturday 28th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€, and includes course fees, support free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.
- 16.10.2022 > 22.10.2022 (Confirmed)
- Register before 10.10.2022
- 16.07.2023 > 22.07.2023 (Confirmed)
- Register before 02.07.2023
- 23.07.2023 > 29.07.2023
- Register before 09.07.2023
- 20.08.2023 > 26.08.2023 (Confirmed)
- Register before 06.08.2023
- 15.10.2023 > 21.10.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 92264.
There are no reviews for this course.