DRAMA FOR A NEW EDUCATION: INTELLIGENCE EMOTIONAL AND CREATIVE METHODOLOGY IN REYKJAVÍK - ICELAND
• COURSE INFORMATION
DRAMA FOR A NEW EDUCATION: INTELLIGENCE EMOTIONAL AND CREATIVE METHODOLOGY (DRAMA) course is aimed for Education professionals who are going to start in the Drama and Emotional Intelligence as a methodology focused on creativity, inclusion, collaboration and improvement of emotional skills. It is especially suitable for teachers who work with students with special educational needs, with a risk of social exclusion, bullying and early school leaving at the educational levels of preschool, primary, secondary, vocational training and adult literacy. The course will be taught in English by non-native people. The course is focused on dynamic and practical contents of Drama and Emotional Intelligence. Therefore, only a level B1 in English is expected from the participants.
Classroom drama is a powerful tool in the learning process. Applied in school, it will favour SOCIAL INCLUSION of the most disadvantaged students, providing them with tools to fight against SCHOOL DROP-OFF and success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and so in LABOR REINTEGRATION. That is, INTEGRATING, CREATIVE, HUMANISTIC, EQUITABLE and DEMOCRATIC. Moreover, Drama will provide schools with a NEW METHODOLOGY IN EDUCATION, more CREATIVITY in the Education process and INNOVATION as well. That's why the use of Drama is incredibly useful to increase MOTIVATION in both teachers and students. In addition, it will favour learning and the development of competences. All this by means of:
- Development of teamwork. The Drama offers students the opportunity to carry out a group project and to represent their ideas orally and visually. It is a great opportunity for students to improve their language and communication skills.
- Development of numerous skills: The ability to communicate will be significantly increased in students. Expressing yourself through actions, gestures, expressions, words will become easier and easier. Learning through a methodology based on the Drama enhances memory and the ability to improvise. In addition students will develop skills when they have to speak in public and in front of a large forum of people, something really complicated today for many young people and adults.
- Situations applicable to real life: Through Drama we work in real contexts and situations which we have to face in our own life. Thanks to Drama techniques we will improve and enhance creativity, critical thinking as well as negotiation skills, all of them very useful in the resolution of conflicts.
- Increase in confidence: Drama allows students to boost their self-confidence and help those who have difficulties with other tasks, because they can demonstrate their talent in a different way. Moreover, every person will be able to know the risk of the daily life and how to face them.
- Need for a more diverse educational training: It is no secret that the labor market is constantly evolving. Today's students will have jobs that are very different from those of their parents. Therefore, the tools provided by the Drama can help children to control their own feelings and the changes of the world and how to respond creatively when required.
- The control of the voice: Participants will learn how to use their own voice to ask, answer, predict, persuade, contemplate and express feelings, thoughts and beliefs. This is very useful for our own job. Besides, as teachers it is our responsibility to encourage our students to develop the necessary techniques and skills to communicate their ideas with confidence.
DRAMA course will work on the following aspects: postural hygiene, verbal and corporal language, teamwork, improvisation and emotion management.
The course is completely practical although it has its theoretical basis to understand the theatrical techniques and dynamics. Participants will perform body and vocal warm-up activities, breathing techniques, dramatic games, experience the techniques and plan and teach their own lessons. At the end of the course, participants will work on an individual action plan that details how they will introduce the new techniques learned in their practices.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from differents courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
At the end of the course, there is an evaluation where participants can assest the course. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES
Thanks to DRAMA course students will get, through teachers:
- Create new learning methods based on drama techniques.
- Share and analyze methods of drama within the educational context.
- To put into practice theater techniques for the development of verbal and corporal language.
- Understand the effect of drama for social, emotional, physical, cognitive and moral development.
- Develop improvisation as a tool for problem solving.
- Encourage the team to work.
- Show drama techniques as effective tool for the teaching process and personal development tools for our students.
- Use drama as a tool to involve, motivate and support students.
• DAILY PROGRAMME
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s managers usually welcome participants on Sunday evening and give them all the course material. The main activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in networking activities of PMS ERASMUS PLUS during some of the afternoon hours, most likely Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. In this networking initiatives all the participants of the company courses during the same week will meet and network. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together.. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday. Diplomas, videos and photo souvenir will be delivered this day.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Get to know each other through drama games.
• Team Building through drama games.
• Introduction to creative drama.
• Effective communication through drama.
• Drama as a tool for social inclusion.
• Drama in education.
• The technique of drama as a teaching tool.
• Improvisation and creativity techniques.
• My body can also communicate.
• Use and care of the voice.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
- Sports or relaxing activity in order to stay together and create a team. Free activity included in course fee.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional Cultural package: it depends of the city where the course is running, PMS ERASMUS PLUS will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about cultural and historical from the country where you stay. In this case:
- Optional visit to Blue Lagoon and relax in hot natural water. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
- Optional visit to Golden Circle to see Eurasian and North American tectonic plate boundaries in Thingvellir National Park – Geysir Geothermal Area – Gulfoss Waterfall. We will spend all afternoon and part of the evening admiring marvellous places of the Nature. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends of the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DRAMA will attend courses during years 2019 and 2020 in next dates:
- From Sunday 6th October to Saturday 12th.
- From Sunday 12th January to Saturday 18th.
- From Sunday 5th April to Saturday 11th.
- From Sunday 11th October to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 19th January to Saturday 25th.
- From Sunday 19th July to Saturday 25th.
- From Sunday 16th August to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 12th April to Saturday 18th.
- From Sunday 9th August to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 23rd August to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 22nd November to Saturday 28th.
• COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
DRAMA training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 92261.
There are no reviews for this course.