EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT-Techniques, methodologies and disciplinary strategies
Keeping a classroom under control requires considerable skills in managing the multitude of tasks and situations that occur during the school day. Apart from the teacher’s preparation, certain procedures, methods and teaching techniques are required that promote a safe and efficient environment that allows students to feel comfortable and safe; enhance their motivation and progress; and develop the sense of belonging. Diversity management methods and techniques for dealing with behavioral problems are also important for reducing phenomena such as indiscipline, bullying and racism.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about effective classroom management, as well as practical guidelines to integrate activities and implement programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
The cost for 6-day course is 480 euro and for 7-day course is 560 euro. It includes course fees, course material, entrance to museums and tours.
During the course, participants will:
• examine the importance and factors that influence classroom management
• study techniques and strategies for effective Classroom management
• examine routines, norms and practices that improve teaching and learning
• discover ways to develop Teacher –student relationships and communication skills with the students
• learn techniques to maximize students’ attention
• learn productive ways for time management and controlling stress and pressure
• understand and address students’ diversity during teaching
• learn ways to handle behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying
• examine the use of technology for classroom management; for sharing data & communication; for creative activities
• visit schools and discuss good practices with teachers
• visit sites, museums and monuments in Cyprus and plan activities/ programmes
• The importance of effective classroom management
• Factors that influence classroom management
• Effective classroom management & Lifelong learning skills
• Activities for team building
• Effective classroom management plan
• What is effective classroom management
• Classroom management strategies
• Teaching procedures and routines
• ICT tools for sharing data & communication
• Classroom setup
• Developing learning goals
• Teacher –student relationships
• Communication skills
• Activities that encourage communication
• Non-verbal communication
• ICT tools for creative activities
• Teaching & learning outdoors
• Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments.
• Doing activities in the city center.
• Data collection for the group work.
• Time management
• Maximizing students’ attention
• Factors that affect teaching and learning
• Controlling stress
• Interactive teaching strategies
• Understanding and addressing students’ diversity
• How do we deal with classroom diversity?
• Multicultural & Intercultural education
• Intercultural activities in a multicultural classroom
• Handling indiscipline and other behavoural problems
• Activities that enhance the sense of belonging.
• Dealing with racism
• Dealing with bullying
• Good practices for facing behavioural problems
• Teaching skills & teachers’ competence
• Visit to a school.
• Activities in Limassol Archaeological Museum & Municipal Gallery.
• Data collection for group work.
• School climate & policy
• Dealing with parents
• Relationships with staff and administration
• Activities for secondary education
• Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work, review of the course, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional)
• Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 25.06.2022 > 30.06.2022 (Confirmed)
- Register before 20.06.2022
- 09.07.2022 > 14.07.2022 (Confirmed)
- Register before 04.07.2022
- 01.10.2022 > 06.10.2022
- Register before 26.09.2022
- 05.11.2022 > 10.11.2022
- Register before 31.10.2022
- 04.02.2023 > 09.02.2023
- Register before 30.01.2023
- 11.03.2023 > 16.03.2023
- Register before 06.03.2023
- 29.04.2023 > 04.05.2023
- Register before 24.04.2023
- 08.07.2023 > 13.07.2023
- Register before 03.07.2023
- 07.10.2023 > 12.10.2023
- Register before 02.10.2023
- 04.11.2023 > 09.11.2023
- Register before 30.10.2023
- 09.12.2023 > 14.12.2023
- Register before 04.12.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 89199.
There are no reviews for this course.