Course duration: 5 days
Course fee: 350€ (per person)
3D printing or additive manufacturing is the process of making three-dimensional solid objects from a digital file. The creation of a 3D printed object is achieved using additive processes. In an additive process an object is created by laying down successive layers of material until the object is created. Each of these layers can be seen as a thinly sliced horizontal cross-section of the eventual object.
3D printing is the opposite of subtractive manufacturing which is cutting out / hollowing out a piece of metal or plastic with for instance a milling machine. 3D printing enables you to produce complex (functional) shapes using less material than traditional manufacturing methods.
Through investigating the application of 3D printing in schools, universities, libraries, and special education settings six use categories are identified and described:
• to teach students about 3D printing,
• to teach educators about 3D printing
• to understand 3D printing as a support technology during teaching,
• to produce artifacts that aid learning,
• to create assistive technologies,
• to support outreach activities.
This course will help the participants understand how 3D printing is being applied across a number of domains, including design, manufacturing, and retailing. It will also demonstrate the special capabilities of 3D printing such as customization, self-assembly, and the ability to print complex objects. In addition to business applications, this course will also examine how individuals, including those in developing countries, are using this technology to create solutions to the problems they face. This course will also provide an overview of design thinking and how participants can use this framework to develop ideas that can be turned into objects. Learners who complete this course will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of 3D printing and how to think about designing objects for this new technology.
• All kinds of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course;
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competencies to be gained during the course by participants.
- 25.07.2022 > 29.07.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 87754.
There are no reviews for this course.