Creation of research-based digital & multilingual materials (Moodle) to develop STEM competences
This course is an output of ERASMUS+ KA2 ITEMS project (itemspro.eu). Focussed on enhancing the quality of teaching and learning by means of innovative practices in an European context by using e-learning resources (JSXGraph & H5P), tools (Moodle) and Learning Analytics procedures.
Course is organised in collaboration with Alicante University.
- To familiarize participants with examples of good practice in STEM teaching demonstrated by work developed under ITEMS project.
- To discuss the use of the Moodle platform to develop STEM competences and explore the integration of interactive HTML5 simulations (JSXGraph & H5P)
- To encourage participants to develop teaching materials using e-Learning tools.
- To learn how to use Learning Analytics tools to evaluate the teaching process effectiveness.
From the presentation of some Science and Mathematics materials developed by ITEMS project, participants will be invited to discuss some guidelines to create digital materials based on the results of didactic research and analyze their didactic effectiveness.
Participants will share educational experiences and increase collaboration within the European dimension of STEM education
1. Course preparation (online, starting on 1st of July 2019): Participants will be sent details of a personal account to access to the preparation course.
2. Course set up (face to face) composed of two type of sessions:
PLENARY: background talks by experts or presentation of participants experiences followed by a discussion.
WORKSHOP: computer room sessions about exploring interactive resources, Moodle STEM materials and assessment analytical procedures.
Social Activites: Alicante city guided tour and visit to ELX (the palm city) and to a secondary school
3. Course follow up (on line, ending on December 2019): Using a work-based training approach under the mentorship of ITEMS partners, participants will be encouraged to pilot the project materials in their own school.
Tuition expenses are covered by ITEMS project, there is only a small fee for organisation purposes.
Course venue : https://web.ua.es/en/sedealicante/where-can-you-find-us.html
For pre-application, express your interest here: https://goo.gl/forms/tmS5s8mJE2psPgWM2
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 84614.
There are no reviews for this course.