Digital Games & Story Telling
Digital Games and Story Telling
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 350€
DIGITAL GAMES & STORY TELLING
The aim of this course is to teach digital story and game development stages and tools. To date, storytelling has remained an educational tool. Storytelling is a powerful pedagogical approach to disseminating learning outcomes in general, scientific and technological education. Today, individuals continue to tell the story by using new digital media tools. The digital story is seen as a combination of traditional storytelling and multimedia technologies. Today, many communication technologies and multimedia tools are used. Using these technologies and tools, storytelling has changed and transformed into digital story telling. With this course, it is aimed to give information to the teachers about the adaptation of the digital games, which are widely used today, to the lessons with their effective and motivating aspects.
All the participants will:
• Get familiar with the key issues and concerns about storytelling and digital games
• Learn how to blend story and technologies
• Execute to multimedia tools
• Describe components of digital games
• Classify types of online educational game
• Implement writing and the screenplay stage
• Create a storyboard
• Compare to stages of digital story development
• Learn effective teaching strategies
• Defend their own activities depending on the subject
Objectives of the Course
• Helping teach meaningful and purposeful speech
• Increasing student’s willingness to read
• Finding the story to read for encourage the students
• Writing student’s own stories in a short time, so they will feel confident
• Improving solidarity in the classroom
• Developing listening skills
• Helping to find out children who love acting
• Giving students a good motivation for speaking and writing English
• Learning how to combine technologies and story or game
• Comparing process of the storytelling and types of online educational game
• Focusing on practical and skills-based -interactive learning
• Explaining immediate feedbacks
• Locating hands-on activities
• Analyzing inspiring discussions on best practices
• Working in groups cooperatively
• Identifying components of digital games and storytelling
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course;
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A closed Facebook group will be created for getting know each other of all participants and to share practical information.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- 26.10.2020 > 30.10.2020 (ID: 151218, Confirmed))
- 19.04.2021 > 23.04.2021 (ID: 119124)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 84299.
There are no reviews for this course.