BUILDING THE BRIDGE: REFUGEES AND SCHOOLS
There has never been greater need for adapting schools for receiving refugees; sometimes it is necessary to change the whole mind-set, to be open to different cultures, and it is usually a long process. Schools are a key factor in instilling the tolerant spirit that our societies need. This course prepares teachers psychologically and pedagogically for working with students coming from different backgrounds. It describes the shortcomings and advantages for all the factors involved: teachers, native students, new coming students, parents, institution. It aims at raising awareness of the new teaching strategies that the teacher needs to approach in order to deliver classes that promote inclusion and tolerance.
Please log in before adding something to your favourites.
- Course organiser
- ITeach INTERNATIONAL TRAINING AND LEARNING INSTITUTE
- PRAGUE, Czech Republic
- Active citizenship, European dimension; Intercultural education, migration; Specific target groups: migrants, Roma, other minorities
- Key competences
- Cultural awareness and expression; Literacy; Personal, social and learning
- Target audience
- Teachers & school staff: pre-school level; Teachers & school staff: primary level ; Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- 700 Euro
- Included in price
- Number of participants
- Certification on completion
- 10.05.2021 > 19.05.2021 (ID: 119157, Confirmed))
- Register before 10.05.2021
- 21.06.2021 > 30.06.2021 (ID: 119159, Confirmed))
- Register before 21.06.2021
- 18.11.2019 > 27.11.2019 (ID: 82972)
- 20.01.2020 > 29.01.2020 (ID: 82975)
- 06.04.2020 > 15.04.2020 (ID: 82974)
- 16.11.2020 > 25.11.2020 (ID: 119156)
- 08.03.2021 > 17.03.2021 (ID: 119155)
- 12.04.2021 > 21.04.2021 (ID: 119158)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 82971.
There are no reviews for this course.
OrganiserITeach INTERNATIONAL TRAINING AND LEARNING INSTITUTE