Non formal learning– the golden door for an innovative future for schools (TENERIFE)
During your teaching you will encounter a wide variety of students, all with their own learning needs, personality and challenges. In order to enable all your students to benefit from your teaching, you will need to deal with these student differences purposefully; But how do you do that? How can students interact in a productive way ? How do you reach all your students? NON FORMAL EDUCATION can be the answer! The course aims is to foster excellence and innovation in education by equipping teachers and education staff with the basic knowledge and skills to integrate non forma learning methods/ activities in their education programmes.
METHODOLOGY: Based on formal, informal and non formal learning, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of problems and thoughts of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for studying, reflecting and working. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:face-to-face lessons, experiential learning,team-building and team-working, best practice case-studies, driven simulations,role-play, study visits, focus-group, daily evaluation through self , group assessment, etc
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
-to understand the consequences of applying the non formal methods regarding students' motivation;
-to learn new non formal activities, tools, methods and to share best practices
- to understand non-formal education principles, within the context of cooperative learning, blended learning;
-to use experiential learning in their activities in order to increase student motivation and enthusiasm to learn;
-to encourage teachers to use these methods to support and motivate the students and to make the lessons more attractive;
- to develop a greater understanding of the differences between formal, non-formal and informal learning as well as the basic non-formal education principles;
-to learn how to use outdoor education for personal, social and relational development (e.g. self.confidence, team building, leadership…);
- to learn more about the emerging trend of integrating non-formal working methods in formal education pathways;
- to practice and add to their know-how concrete non-formal activities, working methods and tools transferable into practice;
- to deeper understanding into the dynamics that happen between groups;
-to encourage teachers to be creative and to do all the best to boost the creativity of their students;
-to become aware of the role of personal and professional development as a quality factor in teaching process.
The programme is designed on learning modules. The detailed agenda will be given after pre-registration.
1 .INTERCULTURAL SETTINGS. Networking activities: Connection between cultures. Education For All. A global commitment. Show me your class and I will tell you who you are.
2 NON FORMAL EDUCATION. Comparing formal and non-formal learning; Practicing, designing and delivering non-formal activities and tool. Basic concepts and principles about non-formal education: debate
3. MOTIVATION: How to foster students’ motivation, participation and creativity through non-formal, informal and experiential learning activities; The extra benefit of using non-formal education methods in a multicultural environment;
4. COACHING: Coaching for non formal learning- Need and importance. The basic elements of coaching- coaching models. Teacher versus mentor versus coach: debate
5.NON FORMAL FOR INCLUSION: The importance of inclusive education; The basic elements of inclusive education; The support of inclusive education; Social theatre, human library and improvisation as educational tools; The extra benefit of using non-formal education methods in a multicultural environment
6. EU COMPETENCES : Key competences and skills for the 21st Century; the recognition of non-formal education competencies ;Thematic visit to school/non formal education centre
7. LEARNING BY DOING: Group dynamics; Collection of experiential workshops on Icebreakers, Warm-ups, Role plays, Open-ended problem drama, Critical incidents, Demonstrations, Panel discussions, Fishbowl, Team-building, storytelling,etc
8. OUTDOOR EDUCATION: Benefits and principles; Planning and delivering ONE DAY OUTDOOR CLASSROOM concept
Planning the follow up: future projects together. Course evaluation. Releasing of official course certifications and Europass Mobility documents.
CERTIFICATIONS: At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with the Europass Mobility Certificate, together with a desciptive certificate of attendance. Both documents will be provided in double language. ( course language and participant national language)
PRE-REGISTER USING THE DIRECT LINK:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZI_ak1hxl8hsd5nPe6JiOmE57icLOixotEVYz7MqnSfCk6g/viewform
- 07.02.2024 > 14.02.2024 (Confirmed)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 81605.
There are no reviews for this course.