Academic Writing and Presentations for University Staff and Researchers
This one week course covers the language needed for presentations, talks and lectures, in the Tertiary education sector.
This course introduces language for Academic Writing, focusing on vocabulary, grammar, formality, register, and style. Areas of Academic Writing tackled are Abstracts and Articles/Papers, with critical analysis of model abstracts.
Participants work up to a presentation delivery by the end of the week, with feedback on both language and performance.
Participants own writing skills are developed through feedback on their own writing, and a Language Clinic to tackle errors and develop a wider range of vocabulary and structures.
This course is for tertiary sector educators and researchers who would like to improve their Presentation Skills, both for giving conference talks and lectures. It also aims to develop and enhance Academic Writing skills.The objectives of this course are to :
Enable the development of better presentations, with accompanying language frameworks
Introduce an awareness of ways of making presentations more effective in delivery
Help participants reflect on their own writing of abstracts, and analyse it with reference to models of good and bad abstracts
Help participants experience writing practice with regard to writing academic articles, with the aim of increasing vocabulary range, structures and register and style
- 17.02.2020 > 21.02.2020 (ID: 106375, Confirmed))
- Register before 07.02.2020
- 02.03.2020 > 06.03.2020 (ID: 106374, Confirmed))
- Register before 14.02.2020
- 31.08.2020 > 04.09.2020 (ID: 106376, Confirmed))
- Register before 07.08.2020
- 15.02.2021 > 19.02.2021 (ID: 127825, Confirmed))
- Register before 11.01.2021
- 01.03.2021 > 05.03.2021 (ID: 127826, Confirmed))
- Register before 15.02.2021
- 30.08.2021 > 03.09.2021 (ID: 127824, Confirmed))
- Register before 30.06.2021
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.