EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
Evaluation is considered to be the main means of ensuring the quality of teaching/ research/ executive etc. work carried out in an organization. It is used in a wide range of human activities and services and seeks to assess the degree to which the goals of an organization are achieved, as well as the degree of success of each member's work.
This course is a 6-day course and aims to provide participants with the theoretical background for evaluation and assessment as well as practical suggestions for data collection, selection of appropriate methodology and the use of reliable assessment tools. There is also the possibility to extent the course to a 7-day.
The cost for 6-day course is 480 euro and for 7-day course is 560 euro. It includes course fees, course material, entrance to museums and tours.
During the course, participants will:
• examine the role, objectives and benefits of evaluation and assessment
• study functions and general steps of evaluation
• explore the key competences and basic skills that are important to access
• explore qualitative evaluation methods
• study ICT tools for evaluation and assessment
• explore quantitative assessment methods
• discuss the role of feedback
• examine different types of assessment
• explore computer-based assessment methods
• discuss the criteria for choosing assessment tools and techniques
• study the characteristics of a good assessment
• get informed about benchmarking
• get acquainted with the Cypriot history, culture and hospitality
• Dimensions of Evaluation
• Activities for team building
• What key competencies to evaluate?
• History of Evaluation
• Functions of Evaluation
• General steps
• Qualitative Evaluation Methods
- Open- ended questions
- Focus groups
- Written documents
• ICT Tools for Evaluation
• Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments.
• Doing activities in the city center.
• Data collection for the group work.
• Assessment types
• Formative & summative assessments
• ICT Tools for Formative Assessment
• Multiple-choice questions
• The role of feedback
• Quantitative Assessment methods
- Tests -Exams
• Computer-Based Assessment Methods
- Adaptive Assessments
- Web- Based Educational Games
- E- Questionnaire
- E- Quiz
• Designing assessments
• Choosing Assessment Tools and Techniques
• Where to look for inspiration
• Book: 50 CATs (Classroom Assessment Techniques).
• Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work
• Review of the course, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional)
• Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 01.04.2023 > 06.04.2023
- Register before 27.03.2023
- 27.05.2023 > 01.06.2023
- Register before 22.05.2023
- 01.07.2023 > 06.07.2023
- Register before 26.06.2023
- 26.08.2023 > 31.08.2023
- Register before 21.08.2023
- 04.11.2023 > 09.11.2023
- Register before 30.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 78764.
Vortragende sehr erfahren und gut vorbereitet, Kursteilnehmer*innen großteils keine Lehrer*innen, einige konnten kein Englisch, Kommunikation und Diskussion war somit sehr schlecht möglich, Kursinhalte waren leider so auf Anfängerlevel, dass es für mich fast sinnlos war, da ich mit vielen dieser Dinge schon arbeite, viel Theorie zu den Themen und sehr wenig Praxis
Translate (Registered users only)