Waldorf Preschool Philosophy
Date and Venue:
11.02.2019 - 15.02.2019
Barcelona Spain (Confirmed)
Course Fee: 350€
If you find a Waldorf school, you can trust that it is true to the Waldorf philosophy, since each school and all of its teachers must be Waldorf certified. This play-based approach is characterized by a predictable structure, providing children with a dependable routine, such as certain days of the week for set activities like baking or gardening, as well as mixed-age classrooms with the same teacher for multiple years.
There is also an emphasis on cooperation, and the setting generally appears like a home—warm and friendly, with wooden toys and natural materials. What stands out about Waldorf is its stance against traditional grading systems and exclusion of media in the curriculum. Waldorf does not include media (computers, videos or electronics of any kind) and also does not involve academics, which means no homework, tests, handouts or even desks. Children are introduced to formal reading skills in the first grade. The programs are “all-weather” and children spend a lot of time outdoors.
The course offers the teachers to;
- Identify the key issues and concerns about Early Childhood Education and Care defined in 2020 ET,
- understand the similarities and differences of these threee philosophies in education,
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these three philisophies,
- define the role of teachers in three types of pre-schooling,
- find out the ways of involving parents into the school system,
- encourage children to be more independent and inclined towards self-learning,
- see the role of games and plays in the three philisophies,
- identify the different ways of self expression in each methodology,
- understand various assessment ways used in the schools using these philisophies,
- value creativity and in dependence in the pre-school years,
- have an idea about how to design s pre-school environment depending on these philisophies in order to reach the children’s personal features and develop them
· All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
· A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
· They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.A closed Facebook group will be created for getting know each other of all participants and to share practical information.
· A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
· A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- 24.02.2020 > 28.02.2020 (ID: 91904)
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.