Open eTwinning: Project-Based Learning and the Community for Schools in Europe
Please note that this course has concluded, although its content remains available for perusal. You can access the modules by enrolling in the course and clicking the "Modules" tab above; however, it is no longer possible to receive the course badge, the module badges, or the course certificate. Finally, please note that support for this course is no longer provided by the course instructors or the Teacher Academy team.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn.” This famous quote from Xu Kuang captures the power of project-based learning. Project-based learning is known to be a hugely engaging and impactful pedagogical method, but many teachers are unsure how to put it into practice. eTwinning, the community for schools in Europe, provides an excellent framework to get started with project-based learning in cooperation with classrooms across Europe.
Join this course to learn about eTwinning and how it can help you to design a project-based learning experience for your students in cooperation with colleagues across Europe and beyond. During the course, you will learn about the principles of project-based learning and how to start a project in the eTwinning community.
More specifically, participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of project-based learning
- Start their Personal Learning Environment (PLE)
- First draft and then progress in the creation of a quality collaborative project, integrating the contents of the course
- Reflect on their teaching practice to detect strengths and weaknesses
- Find cases of good practice that can be an example and inspiration for them
- Learn the basics of eTwinning
- Get to know the eTwinning quality criteria for planning a project
- Get to know tools and applications which enable online collaborative work
- Integrate resources in the design of a collaborative activity
- Get to know eTwinning Live and its possibilities as a community and professional development platform for teachers
- Learn about the TwinSpace and the tools it offers for the development and publication of collaboration projects
- Share and collaborate through digital technologies, using them creatively, and identifying possible uses in their professional life
Image by the UK National Support Service of eTwinning
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 75929.
There are no reviews for this course.