PROJECT BASED LEARNING (PBL) IN ALICANTE - SPAIN
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
This project based learning (PBL in advance) course is aimed at teachers of all levels. The course provides innovative and engaging tools to integrate a methodology based on projects, and takes into account the content of your lessons and curriculum. You will learn the details and processes that will empower you to create PBL experiences in your classroom. This course will introduce you to frameworks and techniques that will allow your students to build a learning project based on their passions, all while developing cooperative learning and 21st Century skills. You will be introduced to a variety of instructional strategies and technology tools to support PBL in your classroom, and you will learn to assess your students’ progress in their experiences. In addition, you will explore some great project-based learning ideas!
In addition to developing the 21st Century skills, the course includes a variety of strategies to work on: personal and social responsibility, planning, critical thinking, reasoning and creativity; strong communication skills, both for interpersonal and presentation needs, cross-cultural understanding, visualizing and decision making, knowing how and when to use technology, and choosing the most appropriate tool for the task. During the development of the course, we will work collaboratively on practical activities that can be implemented in your classroom.
The main course mission is to develop different practical projects. Lectures will: serve as a source of information, facilitate discussion, and provide the necessary information, methods and tools teachers will use to develop their own practical projects and process activities. The PBL course material has been improved and adapted to be taught in different languages, environments, and educational systems. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
PBL methodology includes daily motivational activities, brainstorming, working in pairs and groups, simulations, and networking not only in the classroom, but also in outdoor and local cultural activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very inspirational activities, so that participants can put into action their acquired knowledge.
The methodology will transform every teacher into the guide of his or her students’ projects. Moreover, it will provide them with a wide variety of strategies and tools to align their educational curriculum with the projects that their students are interested in. The course will have lectures, seminars, workshops, and daily assignment support to ensure full comprehension. In addition, participants will create and share a large amount of documents that will become the basis of their course materials. Using these materials, teachers will be able to successfully implement this new methodology in fun and interesting ways with their pupils inside and outside of the classroom.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will include not only participants of this course, but also other participants from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
In this course, participants will…
● Differentiate how project-based learning differs from other planning and instructional models
● Plan strategies to master and meet standards and curricular requirements with the projects
● Design projects that reach across disciplines, and understand the benefits of integrating multiple subject areas
● Justify the advantages to project based learning outside of the academic benefits
● Rewrite lessons to develop a driving question to initiate a project based learning lesson
● Put in action motivated activities in class, online or outdoors.
● Take into account the students’ interests to create the projects
● Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
Connection to practices:
This course provides the following classroom connections…
● Tools for designing projects that will engage your students while meeting curricular requirements
● Techniques for developing projects based on the academic needs and interests of your students
● Combine multiple subjects to create real-world connections
● Ways to measure the impact a project has on student understanding and engagement
There is a standard daily program. However, the course may be personalized each week according to participants’ needs and professional profiles. Please find below the standard indicative of the daily program.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. WHAT IS PBL?
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Wheel of PBL: motivation activities to work students’ interests, challenging topics, curriculum alignment, PBL activities’ structure, team work, sharing…
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. WHAT ARE OUR KIDS INTERESTED IN?
- Full day will be focused on developing the curiosity of our students to start our projects.
- Motivation: Take our students’ interests into account.
- Creativity: think outside the box
- Cross curricular topics. Teachers’ collaboration
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S DO PROJECTS!.
- Collaborative learning: group work to start projects
- Create our first project that will be presented at the end of the training.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. MASTERING PROJECTS.
- Each team will present its project.
- Strength activities
- Exit tickets
- New ideas
- Presentation participants’ works.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. SUM UP.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
COMPLEMENTARY ACTIVITIES :
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Visit to Alicante city and Santa Bárbara Castle. Free activity included in the course.
- Optional Spanish cooking activity: buy local ingredients at the Market and cool your own paella. Sangria included.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit MARQ Museum, archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004. Visit included in course fees.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Guided tour with historical and cultural inputs.
PBL course will attend editions during 2022 and 2023 in the following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
- From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th April.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 16th July to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€, and includes course fees, support free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.
- 09.10.2022 > 15.10.2022
- Register before 02.10.2022
- 11.12.2022 > 17.12.2022
- Register before 04.12.2022
- 02.04.2023 > 08.04.2023
- Register before 12.03.2023
- 09.07.2023 > 15.07.2023
- Register before 02.07.2023
- 08.10.2023 > 14.10.2023
- Register before 01.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 74408.
There are no reviews for this course.