Teaching Exceptional Children
Course will provide theachers information about students with disabilities that they will have in their classrooms and the law governing special education and its implications for them as general educators. Teachers will learn about planning instruction that is differentiated to meet various learner needs, universal design principles and instructional tools, providing meaningful access to general education classrooms and curriculum for students with disabilities and designing and delivering appropriate accommodations and modifications to assist student learning. Emphasis on the learning and adjustment problems of exceptional children. This course will provide the teachers with knowledge of and direct experiences within instructional settings that include one or more exceptional children Course will help you to explore the relationship between regular and special education. Educational service delivery systems for exceptional children are identified and analyzed. Emphasis is placed upon procedures and special services that regular class teachers can use to provide instructional services to exceptional children assigned to regular classrooms. Procedures for enabling normal children to understand and appreciate the interaction with children who exhibit physical and behavioral variance from established norms are conveyed.
• ensure mastery of skills in differentiating normal from atypical patterns of behavior in children or adolescents,
• promote acquisition of skill in understanding the educational needs of exceptional learners as well as the procedures used to identify and provide instruction for them,
• ensure the generalization of communication skills to the unique needs of exceptional learners in instructional settings, and
promote a positive attitude toward atypical student
• Work with exceptıonal students to improve their weaknesses and build on their strengths. A child who trusts you is likely to ask for help when needed.
• Giving advanced students opportunities to work with other students at the same level can often push their development. In a differentiated classroom, students are at different levels for different skills, so there is time to work in mixed groups as well.
• Options to type instead of handwrite or record and play back notes or an essay draft can be a relief for students. Even simple solutions like graphic organizers can help with sequencing, organizing, and making connections.
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method. A closed Facebook group will be created for getting know each other of all participants and to share practical information.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
350€ ( for a 5-day course only)
20.05.2019 - 24.05.2019 Barcelona, SAPIN
22.07.2019 - 26.07.2019 Istanbul, TURKEY
20.01.2020 - 24.01.2020 Barcelona,SPAIN
20.04.2020 - 24.04.2020 Paris, FRANCE
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 71574.
There are no reviews for this course.