GAMIFICATION: ACTIVE METHODOLOGIES AT EDUCATION IN ALICANTE-SPAIN
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
GAMIFICATION AND ACTIVE METHODOLOGY IN EDUCATION (GAMIFICATION) course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government policy makers and company staff. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
During this course participants will acquire skills related to cooperative learning, taking the most of our environment in the educational process as well as using ICT with both motivating and educational intention. Besides, this course is expected to show how to manage different games to create a positive atmosphere in a practical way. The course will focus on the importance and benefits derived from the inclusion of games in the educational process. Thus, our teachers will learn about gamification theory at the same time that they are expected to be able to incorporate gamification key competences in their lessons whatever the project is about or the level.
One of the strenghts of this course resides in its practical perspective which will allow all the participants to experience on their own how gamification get people closer at the same time that it helps us to learn unconsciously. GAMIFICATION course is beneficial for all the educational process since it is a great tool to foster crosscurricular values such as equality, self-esteem, respect or tolerance, among others.
GAMIFICATION course is based on both theoretical and practical lessons so that our participants are able to experience what gamification is from the beginning. In this case, we are going to offer effective theories and practices through lectures, presentations of good practice, seminars as well as workshops. Besides, every day we will star each lesson with a brief summary of the main concepts in order to ensure full comprehension and understanding. In doing so, at the end of the course, participants will have the tools and resources needed to implement gamification in their schools no matter what levels or educational areas they are involved in.
Besides, our methodology garantees not only the full understanding but also motivational techniques that, in the same way that we enjoy our free time playing any game, are going to ensure that this course apart from interesting and practical is going to be enjoyable. We should not forget that one of the main basis of gamification is their intrinsic power to encourage motivation in our student body.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS so that we are able to meet other teacher and stablish further cooperation.
At the end of the course, there is a final assessment. It will consist of a multiple-choice test and a practical exercise of the addressed topics putting the focus on the knowledges acquired. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
· MAIN OBJECTIVES:
GAMIFICATION course covers all the needs of the gamification methodology: how to encourage motivation, gamification techniques applied with educational purposes, different kinds and sources to be able to design our own project or different tools and their influence in this theory, among others. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
• To improve our students’ motivation to get to the educational curriculum in a different way.
• To empower and to train teachers, education staff and those interested in fostering individual learning through new methodologies.
• To guarantee and share tips to manage every single part of the class such as misbehaviour in an effective way so that the atmosphere of the class turns into a motivational and warm environment.
• To share experiences of successful projects in order to be more effective in our proposal.
• To develop skills needed to attend to diversity in the class.
• To learn how to foster cooperation among students as well as to promote key skills needed for their life-long learning.
• To promote the full use of their surroundings so that the learning process will be as complete and interesting as possible.
• To improve English fluency –official language of the course–.
Thanks to this project the participants will:
• Design and carry out their own gamification project adapted to the specific needs of their class.
• Improve their practical skills related to the management of each part of the class as well as the motivational practice.
• Know everything about each platform needed to create a gamification environment.
• Take the most of our environment with educational purposes no matter what we are teaching.
• Evaluate other gamification games in order to distinguish what parts are applicable for our educational practice and which ones should be dismissed.
• Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
• Be able to design and carry out a gamification game.
• Take most of the educational process through motivational activities, outdoor projects as well as ICT use.
• Restrict misbehaviour in the class while promoting a warm atmosphere in the class.
• Attend the student body as individually as possible so that they could take the most of the learning process.
· DAILY PROGRAMME:
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them all course material. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the oportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of differents courses attended by the company. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. On Friday, and after once all participants have received all knowledge of the course and to finish a great week, participants could join to an optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the city. Finally, on Saturday morning it will assest the course and will take place a certification ceremony with the deliveration of a video – photo souvenir of the course.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING AND GETTING STARTED.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. CONCRETING.
- What is gamification. Why it is important with educational purpose and the steps needed to carry it out.
- Group dynamic to review the main concepts in an enjoyable way.
- Online platforms to create our own gamification in the class for every level.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Visit to Alicante city and Santa Bárbara Castle. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. GAMIFICATION WITH SOCIAL VALUES.
- Europe 2020 Strategies, Objectives and Priorities promoted through gamification.
- Fostering equality, respect and tolerance by different gamification skills. Theory and practice.
- How to manage different levelled lessons and special needs through gamification theory. Individual and cooperative learning.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit MARQ Museum, archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. WORK AS A TEAM.
- Group dynamic to review all the contents in a practical and fun way.
- Knowing gamification structure for each educational level (elementary, primary, secondary and higher levels). Theory and practice.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Guided tour with historical and cultural inputs. Boat and paella included in the price of the package.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. EVALUATIVE DAY.
- Classroom management.
- Gamification in perspective: Limitations and concerns.
- Gamification an entrance to European collaborative projects.
- Good practices and presentation of teaching strategies.
- Summarizing gymkana around the city.
- Optional lunch in the center of Alicante. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
GAMIFICATION will attend courses during 2020 in next dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th October to Saturday 17th.
· COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING:
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
GAMIFICATION training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from E+PMEV, TES, MMORE, GAME, CLIL, PBL, DRAMA, TAPPLETS and EQUALITY courses, in order to connect everything as educational departments of a same school. Every participant of each training course of seven days during the summer and the Easter as well will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in other simple course. Moreover, all courses includes some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for futures eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, Facetime, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group ‘Nameofthecourse Europe Group’. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage to all participants to share their own creation to have the maximun information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of differents courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, in the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place of the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 66718.
There are no reviews for this course.