BENCHMARKING EDUCATION IN FINLAND & ESTONIA
Sessions in 2019 & 2020
09.09.2019 - 13.09.2019 Helsinki, FINLAND (Confirmed)
20.01.2020 - 24.01.2020 Helsinki, FINLAND (Confirmed)
06.04.2020 - 10.04.2020 Helsinki ,FINLAND(Confirmed)
19.10.2020 - 23.10.2020 HELSINKI,FINLAND
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to observe the Education System in Finland and try the understand the hallmarks of the success they gain.
It is a well known reality that Finnish education is of high quality. The goal is for everyone to have an equal opportunity to receive high quality education and to grow up to become active citizens.
You can read a lot about the Finnish Schools, their success and the important points in their Education System. Our main aim for that course is to enable our participants to learn about the Finnish education system, experience it during the school visits, class observations and to bring the best practices to their home countries.
All the participants will:
• Have a vision on school system and its quality elements in Finland (and Estonia – optional)
• Visit Finnish schools, have a chance to meet the teachers and the students and observe their teaching and learning environments.
• Have information on quality plan, inclusion, didactical approaches, special needs education and ICT integration in the Finnish (and Estonian) school systems.
• Discus the hallmarks of the education system in Finland (and Estonia) with teacher and management staff.
Objectives of the course:
• Understanding the main factors of the Finnish Education System’s Success
• Comparing the education system of your country with the Fin nish Education System
• Building Learning Portfolios and focusing on the most important points
• Experiencing the real life environment in Finnish School
• Observing classes and learning by living
• Questioning & Answering & Discussing
• Case Studies
• Interviewing specialists
• Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• The participants will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own school policies and education systems.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demand, as well.
Schedule of the Course
• Registration Introduction to Programme
• Building your Learning Portfolio
• Preparation for Educational visits to schools
• Introducing Observation sheets and personel report forms
• “Contexts4Content”: Images of Finnish Society
• Education System in Finland. General overview
• Specific aspects of the Education System in Finland
Day 2: 09:00-13:00
• Arriving to school and short welcoming words and some basic information about the school
• A tour around the school led by some older students
• Visiting classes
• Visiting class, some examples of different drama activities together with the children.
• Questioning and answering what ever you are interested in.
Day 3: 09:00-13:30
• Trip to Talinn
• Arrive to school
• Meet the teachers
• Visit the classes
• Talk to Counsellor on the Students’ Coaching in Estonian Schools
• Educational organization and management of learning in Estonian Schools
• Small tour in Talinn
Day 4: 09:00-13:30
• What are the school development plans, curriculum reform in Finnish Education System
• Educational organization and management of learning
• Student in the center.
• Finnish School Policies
• How to improve social skill at school
Day 5: 09:00-13:30
• Coaching for Teaching and Learning
- the role of coaching
- Teachers’ learning and students’ learning
- Recognising the core tensions in developing teacher
• Discussing dissemination strategies.
• Presentation of learning portfolios (What have we learned?)
• Certificates and Feedback
- 20.01.2020 > 24.01.2020 (ID: 78841, Confirmed))
- 06.04.2020 > 10.04.2020 (ID: 78840, Confirmed))
- 19.10.2020 > 23.10.2020 (ID: 78842)
- 25.01.2021 > 29.01.2021 (ID: 118076)
- 26.04.2021 > 30.04.2021 (ID: 118075)
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
The visits to the schools in Finland and Estonia were of the utmost importance. The fact that you could attend lessons, talk to principals, teachers and students provided a lot of information about these two education systems, which are a very successful reference when we look at the PISA results.
Translate (Registered users only)