Project management for European Schools
Project management for European Schools
European funds are essential for development of skills and competences of teachers and school management. In today's world European funds and programmes are a great opportunity for educational institutions. Erasmus+, the new programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport has recorded a budget increase of about the 40% and provides grants for a wide range of actions including the opportunity for learners to undertake work placements abroad and for education staff to attend training courses or teach abroad.
In order to prepare good project we need to develop team and create a strong team environment. The second part is developing communication and intercultural learning skills. The final part is the project management and development of successful application. The part of networking with other schools and institutions is important in creating international network that will cooperate in fulfillment of the project objectives.
By participating in this course you will learn about Erasmus+ and you'll acquire concrete skills related to designing a successful mobility project and manage it once approved.
This structured course aims to improve participants’ practical skills in the team work, communication, ICL and design, management and funding of Erasmus+ projects. The course covers all the steps of the project cycle from developing the idea, to finding the right partners, to design a successful project and properly managing and reporting it.
The general aim of this course is:
- To improve the capacities of the schools for working with European projects
- to improve the quality and the accessibility of Erasmus plus projects in order to foster European integration and excellence in education by empowering and training teachers, education staff and those interested in developing learning mobility projects for learners and staff to access and manage Erasmus+ projects
Thanks to this project the participants will:
- Developing the capacities of the teachers and management staff and their skills in ICL, communication, team work, networking.
- Acquire knowledge and practical information about EU policies and the Erasmus plus programme, through specific and project-oriented learning sessions;
- Improve their practical skills related to the management and application process (including how to interpret correctly a call for proposal, how to design and develop effective project ideas, how to fill in the Application Form) through cooperative compilation of application forms and the analysis of successful projects;
- Learn and get guidance on the preparation and management of the financial, budgeting and contractual aspects through concrete examples and direct evidences;
- Learn best practices related the planning and implementation of the preparatory, visibility, dissemination and follow-up phases through concrete case studies and successful projects;
- Make contacts with individuals and organisations interested in developing Erasmus+ projects through everyday cooperation and specific networking activities.
This course is open to: teachers, trainers, headmasters, school and education managers, educational counsellors, project coordinators, mobility coordinators, kindergartens, other school staff, other adult education staff, other higher education staff, other non-governmental organization staff, public servants, policy makers.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
Our standard programme comprises 5+2 days, of which the first one is dedicated to networking, preparation and cultural immersion and the last one to follow up, and the rest 3 that covers the core training. Participants can choose to arrive 1 day before the start of the course and/or leave one day after the end of it in order to enjoy a deeper cultural immersion in Italy. In total 5 working days and 2 travel days.
For the courses in Italy the cultural activities are including visits to local highlights.
- Participants arrival
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city
- Guided visit in town (optional)
- Welcome dinner
- Course introduction
- Expectation, fear and contributions
- Communication skills
- Team building
- Europe 2020 strategy for growth
- Detailed presentation of Erasmus+ with special focus on mobility projects for learners and staff and on the European Development Plan
- Group cooperative project design: discussing project ideas and division in groups, drafting the European Development Plan
- Project Cycle Management and Logical framework Approach
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: comparing the context analysis and the objectives of an approved and a rejected Erasmus plus KA1 project
- Group cooperative project design: developing the problems’ and objectives’ trees
- Cultural activities in Italy and traditional Spanish dinner
- Budgeting, how Erasmus+ works?
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: budget examples analysis
- Group cooperative project design: drafting the project budget and filling the application form
- Planning and managing the preparatory, visibility, dissemination and follow-up phases, plus focus on European added value and intercultural dimension
- Group cooperative project design: Completing the project structure with the activities related to preparation, visibility campaign, dissemination and follow-up
- Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
- Cultural activities or additional guided visit in city
- Course roundup and final evaluation
- Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
- Participants departure
We tailor the working methods based upon participants’ needs, attitudes and professional profiles in order to ensure high productivity, effectiveness and transferability into practice.
The standard methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants.
To ensure the hand-on approach the participants will be divided in group and will work on a real application form in order to acquire concrete skills on how to design and apply for a EU-funded project.
The trainers make extensive use of evidence-based examples and experiences. Every day to assimilate and deepen the concepts successful projects will be presented and analyzed by the trainers and by others experts invited to bring their real accounts.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full European dimension to the course.
Each morning there is an interactive wrap-up session that enables the participants to better fix and assimilate the concepts covered the previous day. At the end of each day there is a brief evaluation to improve the learning programme and adapt it to participants’ needs.
Free time has been planned to give to the participants time to assimilate the concepts, develop further the group projects (or additional projects), ask trainers for further clarifications, etc. Restorative short breaks (with coffee, tea, juice and relax) are foreseen.
Networking and cooperation among participants will be supported and stimulated at each stage. We organize optional social, networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to know Italy as well as to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may add additional sessions (and cities) if there are at least 6 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com to inform us about your needs.
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Course fee: EUR 100 per day per participant
Certification and support fee: EUR 100-150 per participant depending on the group size
Accommodation, meals, cultural activities: depending on the participants’ requests
Teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ grant covering all the costs including travel, board and lodging, cultural activities and all fees. Our training courses are tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus+ and are available in different options - from all-inclusive to course only – to ensure that the Erasmus+ grant will be sufficient.
We are able to assist you and offer you full accommodation for our training course. This is additional costs but again it will be covered by your Erasmus plus grant.
WHO WE ARE
SIKANIE is organization working for several years in development of training sessions for schools, educational institutions, individuals etc. We have a partnership with organizations and institutions from Italy and Europe. This is enabling us to develop course that are in high quality.
Our team offers a range of innovative and practice-driven courses tailored for educators, especially teachers and educational staff. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment. The pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
We offer courses on: European project management and EU programmes, soft skills, public speaking and presentation skills, conflict management, stress management, work-based learning and dual education, non-formal education, entrepreneurship and leadership, managing a team, didactics of teaching languages, ICT integration into teaching, e-learning and web design, business management, creative teaching, peer coaching, career and Job Guidance, preventing early school leaving.
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance, together - if requested - with a Europass Mobility Certificate.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 60517.
There are no reviews for this course.