Designing and Evaluating Innovative Mobile Pedagogies
This course is aimed at classroom practitioners who want to increase their own confidence, understanding and ability to use mobile technologies innovatively in teaching and learning. The course will enable teachers to design, implement and evaluate innovative mobile pedagogies, and research the impact on student learning outcomes.
Each day will cover a different aspect of designing and evaluating mobile technologies for teaching and learning. Coursework will incorporate delegates existing knowledge and experience and provide a helpful learning environment with a balanced mix of theoretical and practical knowledge. Hands on demonstration and interaction with the technology in an international group setting will show the importance of collaboration and shared experience in using technology in education.
Activities and topics include:
All participants will:
● Complete a survey to document their current skill levels in using mobile technologies and understanding of their potential value as educational tools
● Learn how to use a selection of bespoke survey instruments and other tools to monitor and evaluate the use of mobile technologies in their own classrooms
● Experience how to use models and frameworks associated with mobile learning (e.g. the iPAC framework) to inspire them in designing innovative learning activities
● Design and evaluate their own innovative mobile learning activity which they test with other participants in the course
● Learn how to use an established rubric instrument to evaluate mobile learning apps and identify those that are most suitable for teaching and learning
● Gain the opportunity to join an international network of teachers exploring the innovative use of mobile technologies
● And more...
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 59756.
There are no reviews for this course.