“Interactive Teaching - Using Educational Games and New Technology in order to enhance learners’ motivation” Rome, Italy
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing” – George Bernard Show
This course has been designed for teachers of different subjects who wish to find out new interactive methods of teaching. It provides both computer and non-computer based games in order to equip the participants with practical ideas to create an effective and attractive learning environment.
A key driver for organising this training event is represented by the general opinion that young people are increasingly engaged with the games culture outside school rather than the school in itself. We can state that education has a lot of goals but, in fact, very few people would consider “to be fun” as one of its main goals. What we think is “no pain, no gain.” And this is exactly what we intend to improve in our training event.
Technology provides numerous tools that teachers can use in and out of the classroom to enhance student learning and help them stay engaged. As our students are ‘proficient’ users of mobile devices it seems only logical to align today's classrooms with the way they are used to learning. But incorporating online tools into classroom experience is not always an easy task. How do we know which online tool is the best solution for our classroom needs? Why would we invest time and energy in something that might end up in adding even more work?
We will try to solve this by first introducing a list of the best tools designed to support teaching and learning and then work with those which are the most popular and useful. We chose them based both on our teaching experience and that of our participants. Moreover we made sure they are free, valuable for teaching and work on most devices.
Combining new technology with traditional classroom instruction can without any doubts enhance the learning experience and create new opportunities for teachers and students together.
• Previous to the beginning of the training the granted participants will be sent the detailed programme of the course along with a pre-departure support consisting of the necessary information required to reach destination and to successfully manage within the course period in the new country.
• Participants will be asked to fill in a questionnaire regarding their backgrounds and needs. Questions will refer to their interest and experience in educational games, WEB 2.0 tools, their teaching backgrounds, ability of using a computer, level of course language.
Competences required to attend the course: -Basic knowledge of main PC programmes (windows-word) and use of internet;
- Knowledge of the language course – minimum B1. (For teachers with lower level of English we offer English and New Technology course)
• To promote and develop awareness of interactive teaching methods (educational games and WEB 2.0 tools)
• To learn how WEB 2.0 tools can support learning
• To experience the positive effects of interactive teaching methods in increasing students' motivation
• To provide multicultural environment for sharing experience related to the use of interactive methods of teachings
• To improve communication skills by working collaboratively in transnational groups.
As a result of attending this training course, the participants will become more creative in their teaching and they will be able to design materials that are motivating and attractive by using computer (WEB 2.0 tools) and non-computer based activities. At the same time they will gain more confidence as users of English.
This course contains the following modules:
• Module 1: Educational games in the classroom;
• Module 2: Interaction beyond the classroom walls - Outdoors Activities
• Module 3: Sharing experience; participants introduce their own teaching activities
• Module 4: WEB 2.0 tools (Games and activities online)
Detailed information regarding the programme and preparation for the course will be sent to granted participants.
For the course period participants will need a laptop or a tablet. For more participants from the same school, one laptop for two people may be possible, too.
Our team will assist the participants with necessary information required to reach destination and to successfully manage within the course period in the new country.
Course fee: EUR 70 per day per participant. We provide both 5 and 7 day sessions.
Accommodation, meals, social programme are not included in this price.
For accommodation, we recommend the most convenient possibilities, but the participants are free to choose.
The opportunities to visit the city and the neighbourhood will be introduced to the participants before the beginning of the course.
Pre-registration here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Nf0ZNU0sprZTmKNu3Av2HLw8PWRIm1FRA950qIwgehc/viewform
For the other sessions of the same course, or for different courses, please visit our website: http://eruditus-ong.com/erasmus-courses-ka1
Should you have any questions, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28.09.2020 > 02.10.2020 (ID: 96418)
- Register before 28.09.2020
- 27.09.2021 > 01.10.2021 (ID: 118282)
- Register before 01.10.2021
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.