Museum Walks: integrating local history in your classroom
The Museum Walks course is based on the idea that the best way to learn or teach local culture, history and heritage is by walking around a place, feeling the vibe and discussing points of interest on site, while mingling with locals and taking-in colours, smells and pictures.
The “Museum Walks” course uses the city of Kalamata and the region of Messinia which is full of historical and cultural places of interest as an example of how you can adopt local history for your class. Finally, participants will learn how to use that information to enhance their teaching skills.
At the end of this course, the participants will:
be able to introduce local history in their lessons;
be encouraged to use everyday life as powerful source to their teaching;
understand European culture;
be familiar with methodologies for project based learning
The course leads to a Level 7 EQC Certificate, accompanied by a Europass Certicicate Supplement with 10 transferable ECVET points.
- 23.08.2020 > 29.08.2020 (ID: 145436)
- 27.09.2020 > 03.10.2020 (ID: 147692)
- 01.11.2020 > 07.11.2020 (ID: 80897, Confirmed))
- 07.02.2021 > 13.02.2021 (ID: 80898)
- 18.04.2021 > 24.04.2021 (ID: 80896)
- 04.07.2021 > 10.07.2021 (ID: 123358)
- 07.11.2021 > 13.11.2021 (ID: 123357)
- 13.02.2022 > 19.02.2022 (ID: 123361)
- 08.05.2022 > 14.05.2022 (ID: 123360)
- 03.07.2022 > 09.07.2022 (ID: 123359)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 51365.
There are no reviews for this course.