Exploration, study and story-telling of the tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage - Calabria (Isthmus of Italy)
1. Encourage the exploration of Europe's rich and diverse cultural heritage, soon after the “European Year of Cultural Heritage”
2. Celebrate, understand and protect the unique value of cultural heritage
3. Acquiring non-formal education methods and tools to foster students’ exploration, studying and representation of the cultural heritage
4. Fostering different creative languages and improving the usage of digital tools
5. Reflect on the place that cultural heritage occupies in all our lives Stimulating reflection and innovative ideas for a sustainable development of our cultural heritage.
Day 1: Welcome
- Presentation of the course and participants
- Brainstorming and team building
- What is the cultural heritage? How much is it important for our social and economic development? An interactive presentation
- A first cultural visit of the place
Day 2: Tangible heritage
- Guided laboratory of observation and study of the cultural heritage (art and architecture) through non-formal education methods and tools
- Story-telling through different creative languages and digital tools
Day 3: Intangible heritage
- Practical laboratory of observation and study of the cultural heritage (traditions and craftsmanship) through non-formal education methods and tools
- Story-telling through different creative languages and digital tools
Day 4: Environmental landscape + cooking
- Guided laboratory of observation and study of the cultural heritage (environment and nature) through non-formal education methods and tools
- Creative story-telling through traditional and digital tools
- Traditional and UNESCO Mediterranean diet cooking class
- Common meal: much more than eating!
Day 5: A new beginning
- Creative story-telling: presentations and works
- What can be done to protect and promote our cultural heritage? An inspiring brainstorming
- Planning the follow-up with our students
- Course evaluation
- Releasing of official course certifications.
DATES & PLACES
• 21-25 January, Marcellinara & the Isthmus of Italy
• 26-30 March, Marcellinara & the Isthmus of Italy
• 06-10 May, Tropea & the “Gods Coast”
• 03-07 June, Catanzaro Lido & the “Orange Coast”
• 22-26 July, Tropea & the “Gods Coast”
• 08-12 September, Tropea & the “Gods Coast”
• 20-24 October, Tropea & the “Gods Coast”
• 09-13 December, Marcellinara & Isthmus of Italy
Different periods and venues can be freely chosen by the sending organisation, upon request and after checking our availability.
Based on formal, informal and non-formal education, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for reflecting, working and learning. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:
• face-to-face lessons
• team-building and team-working
• best practice case-studies
• multimedia and web resources
• project based working
• practical laboratory
• brainstorming and focus-group
• self and group assessment and evaluation.
Since this course has several features in common with other courses (as you can check on this platform), sometimes participants will be all together, sometimes with some other participants, sometimes alone, depending on the specific programme. In this way we also intend to foster the cooperation and exchange between them all, as well as the knowledge of other school education systems and practices.
After the confirmation and before starting, we check the previous knowledge and experience of participants, as well as their specific needs related to the topics of our training course. In addition, we will provide some documents and learning contents of our “Library of Methods & Tools” in order to start getting involved in topics and subjects that will be taught.
All participants are expected to maintain access and communication with the rest of their colleagues as well as with the trainer and participate in useful discussions either through the virtual classroom platform and via e-mail. Trainers and company will also be available for any further questions for a period of 5 months after the end of the course, either through e-mail, virtual classroom platform, individual Skype calls, telephone or WhatsApp. By means of all these tools, we aim to get an effective follow-up, to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time.
The entire training catalogue is supported by an international team of experts in project management of European projects. The coordinator and main trainer of the event is Alessandro Gariano: founder and manager of Enjoy Italy, active in education and training as well as local development and destination management; trainer of teachers and for educational organisations (110+ in-services trainings provided, 900+ trainees); youth trainer in the context of non-formal education; project designer, project manager and expert of EU Programmes.
Enjoy Italy is a small company aiming to animate, stimulate and support the sustainable development of citizens, territories and communities. Either in Italy and Europe. It has been founded by a dynamic and passionate young professional on few but solid values: responsibility, identity, inclusion, sharing, lifelong learning, civic awareness and sustainability. And a vivid passion for its land.
Two are the specific areas of its action:
- Education & Training: provision of tools and opportunities for a personal, social, cultural and professional growth. For responsible citizens and communities. It provided 110+ in-service trainings to 900+ teachers and professionals and, in addition, 20+ trainings to 500+ trainees in the context of non-formal education.
- Local Development & Destination Management and: assistance to public and private entities in developing vision and goals, providing advice and services during the entire life cycle of a project. For sustainable destinations.
The company has got some relevant experience in the design and management of different projects within several EU Programmes and Erasmus+ KA1 and KA2 in particular, as well as in the education and training field, both at national and international level.
Total number of hours is 25. Each daily session (average number of hours per day is 5) includes:
• individual counselling
• daily evaluation.
Leisure activities after the training session can be organised on request.
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with a certificate of attendance, while the Europass Mobility Certificate will be issued upon request of the sending organisation.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us (check here under). We will be delighted to find out the best solution for you. Together.
- 11.10.2021 > 15.10.2021 (Confirmed)
- 06.12.2021 > 10.12.2021 (Confirmed)
- 06.01.2022 > 10.01.2022
- 18.02.2022 > 22.02.2022
- 28.03.2022 > 01.04.2022
- 24.05.2022 > 28.05.2022
- 05.07.2022 > 09.07.2022
- 06.09.2022 > 10.09.2022
- 11.10.2022 > 15.10.2022
- 06.12.2022 > 10.12.2022
- 18.02.2023 > 22.02.2023
- 28.03.2023 > 01.04.2023
- 24.05.2023 > 24.05.2023
- 05.07.2023 > 09.07.2023
- 06.09.2023 > 10.09.2023
- 11.10.2023 > 15.10.2023
- 06.12.2023 > 10.12.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 50123.
There are no reviews for this course.